Do you think smoking while pregnant should be illegal due to the risk of premature birth?

• It Would Be A Good Law

I believe it would be beneficial to society to outlaw smoking while pregnant due to the risks involved with the act. It may not stop all women from smoking but it would certainly make them cut back while they are out in public. I believe this is a law that could easily benefit the society more than it would harm it.

• Smoking while pregnant should stop

Smoking while pregnant should be illegal because you are not only hurting yourself, but the baby is being harmed very much. All doctors have said that smoking while pregnant will cause very serious. long lasting harm to the unborn child. Authorities should definitely make this an unlawfull offense that must stop.

• Smoking while pregnant should not be illegal due to the risk of premature birth.

Smoking while pregnant should not be illegal due to the risk of premature birth. This is because it would be very difficult to control. Most pregnant women know that smoking is bad for the health of their babies, however, that does not mean that we have a right to lock them up for doing it.

• No, I don't think smoking while pregnant should be illegal.

I believe a law like that would be extremely hard to enforce since smoking is banned publicly in many places now, most people are smoking inside their homes or private property. I believe instead of making it illegal there should be efforts to educate the public on the dangers of smoking while pregnant.

• Everyone Has Free Will

Smoking while pregnant isn't illegal as everyone has free will and can participate in whatever activity they want to. Smoking or drinking while pregnant isn't the best thing in the world whatsoever. But, no one can tell a woman what to do with her body. If she wants to smoke when she knows she is pregnant, go for it. The difficulty happens when that child becomes a burden to taxpayers later on because of the smoking and the mom can't afford the baby's medical care.