Do you think Sonia Sotomayor performed adequately in her Senate Judiciary Committee hearings?

• I thought she handled herself well

She did not take no guff from anyone. She answered some tough questions. Of course, I only watched like 10 minutes of it. She seemed very competent and fair. She did not seem to have to much of an agenda like some Supreme Justices do. I think she will make a good Supreme Justice.

• Yes, Sonia Sotomayor performed adequately in her Senate Judiciary Commitee hearings.

I do believe that Sonia Sotomayor performed adequately in her Senate Judiciary Commitee hearings. I do not see any reason why anyone would think otherwise. But I still do not think she was the best person for that role. I think her nomination had more to do with politicals than anything.

• I think that Justice Sonia Sotomayor's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee was excellent.

I think that Sonia Sotomayor's, now Justice Sotomayor, testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee for her confirmation as a Supreme Court Justice was excellent. Justice Sotomayor answered all the questions put before her in a calm, factual manner. She stated her position on the issues based upon fact, not political views.

• As best as could be hoped for

Sonia Sotomayor was never going to have it easy during confirmation. Attempts to get her to go off message, namely on topics of her history building Latin women's organizations and her abortion views, were failures in the end. Ultimately the point of a committee hearing is for the nominee to not say anything that would hurt their chances, and Sotomayor stayed on message the entire time.

• She is a racist.

No, I do not think that Sonia Sotomayor performed adequately in her Senate Judiciary Committee hearings, because she came out and said that she is a racist who will decide things in a racist way. She said that she is a wise Latina, and implied that she will make decisions based on what she thinks justice is, rather than the rule of law. She must be driving Justice Scalia nuts.