Do you think Sonia Sotomayor was the best possible nomination to the Supreme Court in 2009?

• I think Sonio Sotomayor was the best possible nomination to the Supreme Court in 2009.

I think Sonio Sotomayor was the best possible nomination to the Supreme Court in 2009. Sonia Sotomayor has had sufficient previous experience in the judicial system. She was a member of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, and a member of U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.

• She seemed overly qualified

She has the schooling going to Yale and Princeton for law school. She must have the experience to even be considered for the position by the President. That is what the problem is, that Obama nominated her. Political stuff aside, her testimony to me seemed like she was worthy of the position.

• A not so wise Latina.

No, I do not think that Sonia Sotomayor was the best possible nomination to the Supreme Court in 2009, because she is not smart enough to be on the Supreme Court. Sotomayor also said racist things, that she is a wise Latina who will make better decisions than a white man. Imagine if a white man said the opposite!

• No, Sonia Sotomayor was not the best possible nominee in 2009 for the Supreme Court.

I do not believe that Sonia Sotomayor was the best possible nominee for the Supreme Court in 2009. I think that a lot of politics played in her getting nominated. She was a nominee that a lot of Democrats wanted because she was Hispanic. And I think that there was a lot of liberal bias there.

• No, Sonia Sotomayor was not the best possible nomination to the Supreme Court in 2009.

The best possible nomination to the Supreme Court would be a moderate. This is the case for every nomination in every year. The United States consists of approximately 20% hardcore left wing supporters, 20% hardcore right wing supporters, and 60% in the middle. Unfortunately, Supreme Court nominations only come along once or twice per presidency, so a president must decide if it is better to choose a moderate that best represents the population, or someone representing their party's political ideology while they have the chance. In the past 20 years, partisans have been chosen. It would be difficult for a president not to make this choice, since they believe that they are only counterbalancing the picks made the last time the other party was in the White House (and they can't trust the next president not to pick a partisan to offset their current choice).