Do you think suicide is the "coward's way out?"

Asked by: ulagudie
  • I think it is

Suicide is a permanent decision to a temporary problem. Its selfish in so many ways and i think that the only reason why people commit suicide is because they cant find a way to deal with their "problems" or the other simple logic reason is they cant really be bothered! Its cowardly to leave your family to grieve and suffer. Someone else could be going through something as equally as them and getting help from people, i dont see why they cant do the same.

• Yes, it is a way to not face life.

Yes, suicide is the coward's way out, because suicide is what a person does when they cannot face life. There is nothing that a person who is contemplating suicide is suffering that another person has not suffered before at some point in human history. People should walk through their fear and continue their lives.

• You can't be bothered to deal with your problems so you choose death

People who commit suicide, have essentially run away from all their problems. What they don't seem to understand is that they are often not the only people with problems, there are scores of hotlines and self help hotlines, they just require you to have some bravery and admit to others how you are feeling.

What is cowardly is leaving your parents behind. Their most important task in life was to give you a life worth living, and they have failed at that. What's cowardly is leaving your little sister behind, with her in the knowledge that her older sibling would rather turn to a knife than to her, even though you grew up together and went through similar trials and tribulations. What's cowardly is leaving your friends behind, with them wondering what they did wrong, that if you'd only been brave enough to go to them they could have helped you, they could have comforted you, they could have been there for you.

In the words of Scroobius, it's your life, it's your body, it's your decision, it just affects you. Or does it.
    Http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=VH9CxM6o-eI

• YES it iS!

It’s tragic that their pain was so unbearable that they were willing to give up every potential good day to make it stop. I feel sad for them. It’s tragic that their pain was so unbearable that they were willing to give up every potential good day to make it stop. But, at the end of the day, it's easier to die, than to live in this world

• Cowards would rather die then fight the depression and or pain that is killing them

It's hard. I know i have it. I think every day all day about how worthless i am. I know that no one likes me i know if there is a god he also hates me. I know that I'm going to destroy every one and everything that gets to close to me just as i always have. I know the world would be a much better place if i wasn't in it. And I've known this for 30 years. But this is the life i have to live. Maybe i was a Hitler in my last life i don't know. But I'm still here and I'm not leaving until i have no other choice no matter what i face in the morning. Because what if i end this worthless existence just to wake in the same hell again? But i do look forward to an end. I hate life and i know nothing but pain and endless loss.

• They are escaping their fears instead of fighting them

They are escaping from their problems instead of fighting them. A real mam could get beat up and be dishonored meanwhile cowards will eat themselves up instead of the other guy. They have some mental problem. Possibly they are sociopathic and they are psychotic what will their familes think they would start a chain of terrible events.

• The military very cowards there wasteing there time in Iraq

I don't care if you live or died . China and Russia will defeat the us in battle cause china has more people Russia has 100mil or so. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .

• There's a reason why people go through with it

None of the points I'm about to share are meant to rationalize self-harming behavior. I agree that suicide is illogical and unethical (I'm a person who almost went through with the deed). And I'm not trying to make you feel responsible for everyone who commits suicide - you're not responsible.
    I'd just like you to consider the following:
    • Major depressive disorder is a real medical condition - an imbalance of chemicals and hormones in the brain.
    • Some people are driven to suicide because of this chemical/hormonal imbalance.
    • The MDD mind does not operate on the same logic as a healthy mind.
    • The MDD mind knows that it's not being rational.
    • An MDD person is not just a "sad" person who needs to stop being sad.
    • The suicidal MDD mind is one that has snapped – it's a mind that has stopped being human and has stopped recognizing other humans.
    • The suicidal MDD mind is one that takes all stimulus, relevant to the brain-owner or not, and twists all things into evidence of why life is not worth living.
    Owners of suicidal MDD minds don't want to have their feelings negated with shallow, condescending suggestions that don't address the problem. You don't tell a Type 1 Diabetic, "Think how hard this'll be for your family! How selfish of you!" A loved one should be aided when they have a disorder - not blamed for being born that way. It is not a thing that is cured.

• Calling it Cowardly is Cowardly

Calling it cowardly is just a way to make people feel better about it. Ironically, this could be considered a cowardly way of mentally escaping the reality of it. I think this thought comes from two types of people:

1) people who do not understand depression and mentally reduce it to a pathetic weakness in the depressed individual who they believe should be able to cope with life's problems like everyone else. They do not believe and/or do not want to believe that these individuals have real problem outside of their ability to manage. And they don't realize/understand what it feels like to hate yourself and life and wish for death multiple times each day as any solution to your problem(s) seem impossible and your life without the solution(s) seems meaningless. This can become worse and worse until finally a person may resort to taking the severest of actions by committing suicide even though it is extremely high cost to self, family and friends to do so. This category may also include those who have lost loved ones to suicide, but do not want to see it clearly.

2) people who are also very depressed, but are not in quite enough pain to end their lives and like to feel brave/superior to those that chose to end it by considering them weaker.

As others have emphasized, I do not think suicide is a good decision in most cases by those who contemplate it. I believe that those who stick with life will usually find their lives tolerable again at some point and in many cases even enjoyable. I just believe it is incorrect to call those that choose it cowardly or weak.

• Calling it Cowardly is Cowardly

• It is someone's life after all if they choose to live or die, we all got to die someday true or not?

Sometimes the pain is too much to bear and those with severe mental illness find it hard to cope with, Some mental illnesses are stuck with you for life, Medication is only a temporary band aid to rid of mental illness symptoms and doesn't get rid of the problems entirely.

Some people just cant handle the pain no more and it is no other other person's right to call said depressed person a coward for taking his or her life.

• No, it's not.

There's nothing wrong with trying to escape your pain; that's a pretty basic human response. No one chose to suffer or to feel like there's no other option than suicide. Giving into hopelessness isn't cowardice, especially if carrying on feels like the wrong or pointless thing to do. I'm not trying to glorify suicide, but it isn't cowardice.

• I fell like it's the only way out for a lot of people and it can be hard most time, it's not easy for many.

I indigo Kendrick proverb orifice Flickr informed kfkdkkviivigy about the same size and shape of t shirt is so good that looks so you know he's making sure we can find out if it doesn't matter how was like 👍but you something to eat it like like 👍and you together.

• Not cowardly at all

I hear people say it's a fix to a temporary problem. Rubbish I say. Some people that answer yes need to look into the depth of depression etc is it always a temporary problem?? I think not. Depression can last a lifetime and can be so so hard to live a normal life. A life that is meant to be enjoyed and lived to the max, be happy.
    I personally suffer with BPD (borderline personality disorder) along with recurrent depressive disorder and bad anxiety. I have been trying to fight this for 15years now and still I suffer as I did when I first got diagnosed.
    It's not easy to live with. The hurt and the pain. Everyday is a struggle to wake up to. Constant sadness, Feeling anxious, lonely from not being able to get out into public or social situations to meet new people. Feeling like you have to face this everyday how much more hurt and pain can someone deal with is 15 years of this not enough. I try to help myself through medication and various psychological appointments, but nothing even comes close to being rid of this evil condition.
    So maybe think again before your eager comments are posted.
    For some people life is just not worth living anymore we need to stop this pain somehow and suicide seems to be the only real answer. Lack of mental health support and understanding. Sometimes I get turned away from docs etc for asking for help.

• Nope Nope Nope

Suicide is mainly a way to escape emotional pain. It's easy to say as an outsider that those who attempt suicide are stupid or misguided, but from the perspective of the actual suicidal person, they see no alternative. Normally their life is in a terrible position, and they simply believe that killing themselves is better than prolonging agony. It's not that they're scared of their situation and commit suicide; fear has nothing to do with it, and thus, neither does cowardice.

• Suicide IS NOT cowardly

People commit suicide because :
    1) they feel as if no one wants to listen to the problems that they have in there life
    2) they are sick and tired of being judged 24/7 by the judgemental pricks in the world that can't accept them for who they or who they want to be

Maybe the person has been depressed for many years and don't want to have to go through it anymore with a fake smile on their face.
    Suicide isn't cowardly pushing/ bullying someone into it is cowardly