Do you think tablets will someday completely replace textbooks in high schools?

• I think tablets will someday completely replace textbooks in high schools.

I think tablets will someday completely replace textbooks in high schools. As technology gets cheaper and natural resources such as wood are becoming more scarce, I think it is probable that tablets will someday completely replace textbooks in high schools. If tablets were used instead of text books, there would be no need to print new editions, the tablets would simply be electronically updated.

• Yes, I believe tablets eventually will replacce textbooks.

The cost of printing books and other media has steadily increased over the years and it has become unsustainable. Combine this with the fact that technology is on the rise in almost all aspects of our lives and it just makes sense to start using tablets instead of textbooks. Students will still have the ability to download books to the tablet with the added bonus of Internet capability to aid in learning.

• Textbooks are on there way out

It appears only a matter of time that computers and tablets will replace textbooks in the classroom. The popularity of the Kindle and the Nook indicates that the public is ready to do their reading on a machine and not with a actual book. Tablets will also decrease costs and make it easier to update editions.

• They are already on their way

Yes, I believe that tablet will someday completely replace textbooks in not only high school. Textbooks take a large amount of time to write and produce. About the time they are completed and ready to be distributed they are out of date. Tablets can be updated continuously with little to no effort.