Do you think that a man accused of domestic violence deserve a second chance?

• People Deserve a Second Chance, Even If Accused of Domestic Violence

Imagine a man who lost his temper. Imagine a man, once violent, who has reflected upon and now regrets his past actions. Imagine a man who made a few bad decisions, who caught a few bad breaks, so to speak, and was falsely accused of violence by someone close to him. Yes, while domestic violence is a crime deserving serious attention, those accused of such actions deserve a second chance. After serving jail time, paying fines, or engaging in community service, some offenders realize the seriousness of their actions and determine never to commit such acts again. While those convicted of domestic violence must be observed closely, as far as the law of the land permits, in order to protect potential future victims, those who demonstrate remorse and modified behavior must be allowed to prove themselves in the home environment.

• As long as it is simply a accusation

As long as it is just that, a accusation, it cannot be proven whether someone did something wrong, I can accuse everyone on this website to be a hitler loving nazi but that doesn't make it the truth.

At most I will pay more attention to his behaviour and such, just like how if someone is accused of cheating in a game I may pay more attention to them

• I believe he deserves as many chances

#1, Accusations are not facts and are not proven.
    #2, We should not be making assumpions based on accusations.
    #3, I do not think domestic violence should be treated any differently than any other violence. Women are not more valuable than men therefore they should not be treated differently by society.

• Yes and the very question itself is sexist

There are two problems with the question: The first is that it implies men are the only ones who engage in domestic violence. There are also women (surprise!) who hit their boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses. However, this tends to get laughed about, for example the jokes about men being castrated by psychobitch girlfriends.

The other reason is that many times domestic violence tends to be a culmination of things from BOTH sides (oh yes, women often instigate men). For example, a woman who is flagrantly cheating or threatening to cheat in order to anger her significant other shouldn't be surprised when he/she reacts violently. It is well known that many women are manipulative and play games with people's heads and emotions.

To answer the question: yes, a man who has been accused (or even one who has been found to) of committing domestic violence can deserve a second chance. It comes down to between him and her.

• Ready the Poll Question People

FFS people, learn to read

The poll question clearly states "Accused of". Anyone can be accused of anything by anyone, at any time...Even if they were on the other side of the planet. This is why we have a judicial system.

The poll question does NOT state: guilty of, committed, is a known, was witnessed committing, was not charged due to the victim not cooperating with authorities, or any other variant where the suspect was guilty in any way shape or form.

• Personally I would not give a man/woman who beat me up a second chance

Domestic violence is not acceptable. There are those who try to justify it for a number of reasons, but the bottom line is that being violent in the home does absolutely no good to anyone in the situation. Husbands, wives and children all are affected, and there are no "success stories" that would suggest otherwise. While some people may be able to work on themselves through therapy and medication, I am not sure that I would be able to fully trust that person ever again.

• No I don't believe he does.

I, Tryparatest, do not think that a man accused of domestic violence deserves a second chance. For one, he did his thing, and he probably did his thing more than once. He did a evil deed, and deserves justice to be served, and to be accused of his crime, and serve out his whole sentence.

• No, violence isn't always the answer

I'm going to say that if a man is accused of this, there must be some pretty solid evidence being put into play, which means that it's very likely that it's true. One of the things that defines and adult is one being able to think for her/himself, which means if an adult hits whoever he's living with, then he made the choice to do so. He could've chosen not to, but he didn't. Immediately resorting to violence shows that he is immature and unable to handle being around other people without supervision; this being the case, what he needs is a good solid punishment to make him never even think of hurting somebody close to them again. Also, this is a living being that he is harming; he didn't consider how it feels to be abused by somebody you trust, which messes with a person both physically and mentally.

• No, I do not think that a man accused of domestic violence should have a second chance.

I do not think that a man accused of domestic violence should have a second chance. Everyone makes mistakes, but that should not be a mistake that anyone should every make. It is important that we humans treat people with respect. A man should never hit a woman. Most times when a person is accused of domestic violence, it becomes a recurring thing.

• No, I don`t agree.

No, I do not think that a man accused of domestic violence deserves a second chance. For one, he did his thing, and he probably did his thing more than once. He did a evil deed, and deserves justice to be served, and to be accused of his crime, and serve out his whole sentence.

• No he should

JOHN CENA DO DO DO DO! DO DO DO DO! NO THAT MAN DOES NOT DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE! REMEMBER THAT SHOPKEEPER IN ZELDA ON THE GAMEBOY ADVANCE THAT KILLS YOU WHEN YOU RE-ENTER HIS STORE AFTER YOU STOLE SOMETHING! WELL THAT IS WHAT THAT MAN DESERVES! DEATH! DEATH! DEATH! HE DID WRONG... AND HAS TO PAY THE ULTIMATE PRICE, BEING HIS LIFE!!!

I'm not jk.