Do you think that anxiety medications are more useful (yes) or more of a hindrance (no) when looking at their overall affect on society?

• Anti anxiety meds are harmful to society

Life can be stressful, this is an essential fact of life. Anxiety medications make the public soft and erode coping skills that every healthy adult should have. Anxiety medication will lead to dependency and possibly produce mood disorders. If people would invest just a little time in cultivating some coping strategies the drugs could be avoided.

• They give power.

I think that anxiety medicines are more useful than a hindrance when looking at their overall affect on society, because they help people who would not ordinarily be able to function in society. There are some side effects, but for the people that they help, the medications are a God send.

• Yes, I think that anxiety medications are more useful.

I think that anxiety medications are more useful to society than they are a hindrance to it. While I think that a lot of people are being diagnosed and treated for anxiety at an unnecessary level, I do think that they help a lot of people. I think that they're the only way some people can function.

• They are definitely more of a hindrance.

Society knows that many people in our day of age suffer from anxiety, and being that I am one of them, I can speak accurately. I think medications are a hindrance because they can too often be abused and they tend to have adverse affects. I will never take them.