Do you think that British election campaigns should begin with the Queen's speech?

• Yes, it is called a monarchy for a reason.

The British live in a monarchy, and should start every political event with the Queen's speech to pay some type of tribute to their monarchy. It is the government they live in, and therefore the political structure they should support and initiate. These campaigns should pay allegiance to the Queen and her family.

• 'Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Campaigning'

The Queen's speech is a great time to start election campaigns as it's the time when the monarch gives a "yay for us" moment to everyone in attendance. It's as if she says, "Ladies and Gentlemen, start your campaigning!" like at the beginning of an auto race. It's the perfect time for members of parliament and mayors to start their re-election campaigns.

• British Election Campaigns

I personally think that British election campaigns should begin with the Queen's speech because that is their tradition as far as a celebration dinner or a celebration party. I personally think that British election campaigns should begin with the Queen's speech because they find loyalty in the Queen as well.

• I do not theink that British election campaigns should begin with the Queen's speech.

I do not theink that British election campaigns should begin with the Queen's speech. As we all know the Queen's position in British government is solely one of tradition and not a true position of power. Britain's government is run by a parliament which is a democratically elected number of officials who take office and create government policy. British election campaigns should be independent of the Queen;s Speech.

• That is not democracy.

No, I do not think that British election campaigns should begin with the Queen's speech, because that is a symbol that the Queen is still directing politics in England. The Queen should only be a figure head. Even to have her make a symbolic speech is to have a say over politics. It is not democratic.