Do you think that chemical weapons are to blame for the sudden rise in Iraqi birth defects?

• Sure, they partially are

There have been a lot of things going on in Iraq since the United States was a presence that are arguably worse than before we were there, one of which is unconventional attacks by fringe terror groups using whatever they can get their hands on. I won't give exclusive blame to chemical weapons, Saddam used them plenty himself, but I'm sure they played a role.

• USA did this to them.

Yes, I believe that chemical weapons can account for a great deal in Iraqi birth defects that are just now coming up in Iraq. The United States military has never been known as an environmental protection agency, and during war who knows what was unleashed on the ground. Poor babies. Victims of war.

• Chemical weapons are to blame for the sudden rise in Iraqi birth defects.

Chemical weapons are to blame for the sudden rise in Iraqi birth defects. Well, it certainly can not be ruled out and I think are one of the main reasons for the birth defects in Iraq. Everybody knows that exposure to chemical weapons can cause some serious problems and even defects.

• Chemical weapons are not to blame for the sudden rise in Iraqi birth defects.

There is no evidence that the rise in birth defects in Iraqi children has been caused by chemical weapons. There is not much evidence that chemical weapons have been used in the country. Rather, Iraq used chemical weapons againt their neighbor in the Iran-Iraq war. The Iranians refused to respond in kind.

• Too easy to say

Its very convenient to say that chemical weapons are the cause - people, after all, hear that chemicals are involved and assume that they are the cause of all the woes of the country. Iraq has many things that may or may not be causing birth issues, and its too easy to have one cause.