Do you think that cricket could or would ever become popular in the United States?

Asked by: bothsidesguy
  • Unfortunately, probably not.

The us is too involved in baseball to even appreciate the game,in my opinion. Despite the fact that in NORTH america the game is played widely in both Canada and the West Indies, I don't think that it has much of a "shot"(excuse the pun!) of picking up in the UNited States. Pity,though.

• US has baseball

The US play baseball, which is a sport that has similarities with cricket (in the same way American Football shares similarities with Rugby) and is culturally a heavily popular sport over there. Not to mention there would already be a lot more sports that would be a lot more popular than cricket if it were to get going over there.
    So unless there's a massive culture shift I doubt cricket would ever get popular in the US.

• Too engrossed with baseball

I don't think so. They enjoy baseball which is a huge thing over there. In Britain we don't play or watch baseball so in the same way baseball won't be big in great Britain Cricket won't be big in North America.

They have a culture that's uniquely different and that's not going to change.