Do you think that Donald Rumsfeld was a capable Secretary of Defense?

• Yes, I think Donald Rumsfield was a capable Secratary of State.

Overall I think Donald Rumsfield did a decent job as Secretary of Defense he was in charge of overseeing the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and I think he did the best he could with two very tough and difficult wars, I think his resignation was more political then anything else.

• He led us through 9/11.

Yes, I think that Donald Rumsfeld was a capable Secretary of Defense, because he led us capably through the aftermath of 9/11. Rumsfeld did a good job leading the troops. He and Cheney did not act rashly. Rather, they worked together to form a calculated response to the terrorism of 9/11.

• Rumsfeld was a very capable Secretary of Defense

Donal Rumsfeld was such a capable secretary of defense, that it seems like in hindsight his power even overruled the president at certain junctures. His power was unprecedented for his cabinet role, and it hasn't been matched since in any of the secretaries of defence that have taken the job after him.

• I think that Donald Rumsfeld was a capable Secretary of Defense.

I think that Donald Rumsfeld was a capable Secretary of Defense. He faced some challenges but I think that he handled it the best way that he knew how to at the time. I think that he was the best person for the job at the time that he was elected.

• Yes, He Was

I believe Donald Rumsfeld was a capable Secretary of Defense, unfortunately he got wrapped up in the wrong administration and I think he was very aware of that. Many of the politicians left their field of work during the Bush administration, that does not mean that those politicians were not qualified to do their work.