Do you think that gun control with spark the next civil war?

Asked by: sports89man7
  • If we let it

With all the crap happening in Connecticut about gun control, i think it will spark the next civil war. The sandy hook commission and obama want to erode everybodys 2nd amendment rights and i think it is going to start the next american civil war. Thats all i got to say...

• Possibly, it depends if they change the laws.

People are being very angered by gun control, such as i, so there is a lot of potential that a revolt will happen. The thing is, we're turning from a free country, to a country governed by a king (Government) We came to america for freedom and for more rights that were limited in britian. But now we have people from foreign countries coming to america that are against guns, f-ing up our laws! It's our country not some foreigners! This just isn't fair. Who agrees with me?

• Look at the sacking of magazines in Colonial America all up and down the boarder

Back when there was political unrest (pre-revolutionary war) the governors of multiple colonies sent troops to take the gun powder essentially taking away the ability of the people to defend themselves. This is the sole reason the 2nd amendment exists. They put in that piece so that the people can defend themselves from a corrupt government that would seek to disarm and control again. Now, I personally do not see the need for a fully automatic weapon myself; however, lets say a civil war breaks out over this. In that case we would be left with hunting rifles or shotguns and handguns while SWAT comes in with AK's. We would be at a decidedly massive disadvantage. I don't know if they will spark another civil war, but if the political climate looks like its going that way ... I'm moving to Texas.

• Every single gun control law is an ACT OF WAR from the government against the people.

X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

• True Americans will not give up this right.

Shame on us Americans if we ever give up our right to bear arms! This is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Let the people have the power, not the political elites. Our very freedom depends on our ability to fight for and defend it. We will not give up this unalienable right.

• It is more than just guns

The attack on our bill of rights extends well beyond the 2nd amendment. Just recently the Supreme Court ruled that our constitutional protections against illegal search and seizure are null and void. There are back ground attacks on our privacy, our right to travel, and our right to freely associate, soon we will see attacks on our right to free speech. This goes well beyond trying to save a few lives and is a direct attack against the American people by its very own government.

• Not only do I think, banning of the 2nd amendment would develop into a civil war.

Seriously this is not really a debatable item. Those who don't believe are delusional. Trump and his retarded crap talking. Has had up to 48% of the likely voters. This isn't about if he'll win, it just shows generally what the pulse of the nation is. People don't trust, democrats don't trust Hillary. Believe Blacks namely the BLM are nothing but a racist group. General majority of Americans or at least up to 48% don't or will never trust blacks. Same reason Cops be blasting blacks narrative do not trust blacks. If this infuriating to you I apologize but it's the truth.
    But people like trump who try to lump Hispanics into the group where Blacks are obviously champions at is beyond logic. So I apologize to majority of Hispanics out there. You and your communities have brought respect and sold work ethics to America and regardless of what Trump tries to say Majority of Americans except you.
    But the only way to see if America would pop to civil war is to attempt to take away the 2nd amendment.

• An avoidable war

I live in a south dakota, a state with some of the highest gun ownership rates in the US. To people from areas without a gun culture, the idea of a civil war seems far fetched, but it is far more plausible than you might think. Residents of states like South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana are used to the government having a small role in their lives. They treasure their freedom dearly, and the right to bear arms is one of their most valuable. The most likely gun laws to be passed are those regarding AR-15 style guns. The people who have those guns are the ones who would be the most resistant to gun control. If a mandatory federal buyback were passed for these guns, a majority of gun owners, especially in rural states, would defy the order. Some states already have a "nullification law" that makes federal gun laws illegal to enforce. If the federal government tried to take guns by force, they would without a doubt meet with bitter and armed resistance by millions of gun owners.

• Without a doubt.

I'm already preparing for it. I'd rather be dead than live in a liberal run county. And before you libs retort with "good riddance", remember one thing, a lot of you are coming with me. And another thing, I'm not some dumb redneck, but your next door neighbor. I'm the guy who waves and smiles to you every morning. God speed.

• Amendments have caused some "incidents", but certainly no "Wars"

While guns are indeed part of the contract of American society, I doubt an change in the 2nd Amendment would spark an actual civil war. Did prohibition spark a civil war? No. And although technically the slave movements did spark a civil war, that was because the south really did depend on labour and believed that black labour held their finances together. But do guns hold the same importance? Or are they just novelties at this point…..

• There are other problems.

While guns might spark the next civil war, I highly doubt is. There are so many other problems that guns are not going to be the problem. For example, the economy. We are, as of right now, is about 18 trillion dollars. Do you think that debt will decrease? I know for sure i t won't. Eventually it is going to get so high that people will start to get riled up. They are then going to get fighting, spit, and fight even more. I don't know if this expresses my point very much, but no, I don't think that gun control will be the start of the next civil war. It might later on, but not the next one.

• This generation as a whole lacks the will to do so

Thinking long and hard about it I don't think it will. On the one hand It might, but on the other hand I don't know that this generation has the intestinal fortitude to go to armed conflict for their rights. If It does go to that level, the conflict will be long and costly in lives and dollars. The veterans in our community with experience in insurgent warfare will cause another Vietnam scenario where the civilian population will lose the stomach for war and peace will be brought about with two separate states.