Do you think that if people just exercised more that obesity would be less of a problem?

• Dieting is great but Exercise is NECESSARY

Many people believe that if they diet, they will lose many pounds of body fat. Although this is true at times, it is absolutely necessary to exercise in addition to dieting. Doctors recommend at the very least, 30 minutes of physical activity every day. After a person exercises, he or she immediately feels better, both physically and mentally. It has been proven that exercise releases certain positive endorphins to the brain.

• Yes, obesity would be less of a problem if more people exercise.

I definitely think that if more people exercised, obesity would be less of a problem. I think that there are way too many cases of people blaming obesity on genetics rather than blaming it on their lack of physical activity. I think if more people exercised, obesity would be so much a problem.

• A genetic problem

Obesity starts early in life even with a diet that is not significantly different from someone who has a slender frame as a child and maintains an average weight throughout life. Obesity itself appears to be some kind of genetic mutation, or (and?) perhaps a reaction to the processed foods being so widely marketed toward children.

• No I do not think if people just exercised more that obesity woud be less of a problem

While lack of exercise is a problem related to obesity, there are many other factors that need to be considered to make obesity less of a problem. Increasing exercise will certainly help but people also need to have the nutritional information of the products they are consuming, something companies do not want to honestly disclose. Educating the public on nutrition and how to read lables, in addition to increasing exercise is the only way to make obesity less of a problem.