Do you think that Jesus is the son of God?

Asked by: TG2333
  • Christ is the Son of God no matter how much they lie and deceive

He is the Son of God and He will judge the world. He will return. I can doubt everything but not Jesus Christ. I am a sinner but I put all my trust in Him because Christ is a motto for love, compassion and sacrifice. God Bless all Christians. Amen

• Jesus is the Son of God

Esus is not God’s Son in the sense of a human father and a son. God did not get married and have a son. God did not mate with Mary and, together with her, produce a son. Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that He is God made manifest in human form (John 1:1, 14). Jesus is God's Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:35 declares, “The angel answered, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’

• If he Existed...

If Jesus existed and all of the things that he supposedly did actually occurred, then the likeliness of him being "the son of god" is much greater than any other theory. Assuming, by the question title, that Jesus did exist, and that he is the same person mentioned in the Bible, Koran, and other religious texts, then it can be assumed that he is most likely the son of God.
    In total - If everything about him is given in the argument, then yes, Jesus is the son of God

• Know one knows for sure if he existed or not....

I personally believe he existed as being born from Mary and her husband and was in prophet status with God. I believe he was a prophet. But then again he may have been fabricated to be portrayed as a figure to fashion your lives upon and to become righteous like he was...

• Read the bible!

First of all, OF COURSE JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD! HALLELUJAH! Second of all, the Bible has evidence. Jesus never sinned. Even though the Devil tried to tempt him 3 times. Jesus was not a normal man, he was The Son. Ever heard of the phrase, "The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit"? Well, Jesus is the Son.

• Jesus is the son of God

As the Bible tells us, God sent his only son Jesus, to take on flesh and die for our sins and my sins. Every word in the Bible is true. Fun fact: Christians who know God will go to heaven and rejoice and if they knew anyone that is non Christian, they will go to Hell and Christians will have absolutely no memory of them.

• Jesus the only begotton Son

Wow what a silly question with even more silly answers, lets see He controlled nature by calming the winds and the sea, He commanded fish to fill nets, He healed people physically, He raised other people from the dead, He arose from the dead Himself, He gave His life to those who would accept the gift of salvation thru Him.
    He was seen by hundreds of people after His death on the cross, we live in a land were one persons testimony is enough to send someone to jail for a crime. Yet we have hundreds who have seen Him alive and people want to deny it. We have other writers, non-Christian, who speak of the life of Jesus and death, they also comment on the belief of His followers that He arose from the dead.

• Verified in his baptism, transfiguration, resurrection, and ascension

History makes it clear that Jesus existed some 2000 years ago. Those arguing against the historical fact only insist on ignorance. The question is whether Jesus was divine. The divinity of Jesus was shown in his baptism, transfiguration, resurrection, and ascension. These events all took place before several witnesses. The resurrection is the more obvious of the unusual events since the vacant tomb is unaccounted for till date. And all the theories that have been forward to dismiss the claim that Jesus was raised from the dead have not been effective. In rising from the dead, Jesus solidified the claim that God was his father. This is the bedrock of Christianity.

• After His Death, His Disciples were Depressed and Scattered. Then They Came out of Hiding and Boldly Proclaimed He Was the Messiah. What changed them?

1.) Jesus claimed to be divine. In many places at many times, he claimed prerogatives that belong to God alone. He was nearly thrown off a cliff for it early in his ministry, and it was the reason for his conviction before the religious rulers. There is no real debate about this among Jews, Christians, or secular historians, although a very few might try to deny it. That claim, if untrue, would be blasphemy and require his death under local law. For this reason, he was put to death, although the local leaders had to go through the imperial authorities, because they were under Roman rule.

So, if Jesus claimed to be the only begotten Son of God, that is, if Jesus claimed Divinity, that must be true or false.

If false, he either knew it was false, or believed it to be true.

If he knew it was false, his whole life and ministry was a lie, and he told all of his closest friends to build their whole lives around that lie. That would make him one of the most horrible people ever. Everything else I read about him, even from those who didn't believe in him, is that he was a decent fellow, and the people who were seeking to kill him (to end his social movement) couldn't find anything against him, other than his diety claim.

If he thought it was true, that is, if he thought that he was God, and he wasn't, then he was crazy. Was he crazy? His Sermon on the Mount has been called the best advice for mental health in all of human history, by secular psychiatrists and psychologists. He had solid relationships with a large group of people for years, and no one ever suggested he was crazy, except the religious leaders he challenged for their corruption and injustice.

2.) Jesus appeared to hundreds of people after his death. His followers, who were cowering in fear, denying that they even knew him, were changed into fearless public speakers, who faced persecution and death for their belief in Jesus's resurrection and deity. People who knew him ate with him, touched him, and spoke with him in physical form. It was this experience that transformed a dead social movement into a living one, one that lives to the current day.

For me, the greatest evidence is the change God worked in my heart, overcoming my hurt, anger, and self-centeredness, so I had the desire and the ability to forgive those who had used and abused me.

I believe the evidence is in the changed lives of his followers, both then and now. Why did his disciples stop cowering, and preach? I believe it was his resurrection that transformed them, back then. They had abandoned the cause and lost faith, because their leader died. If he did not come back, how can that be explained?

• This Isn't Even Up For Debate

He is in fact the son of God. Whether or not you chose to believe it is a choice.

The Bible clearly states that he is the son of God, and when is the Bible wrong? Never. After all, how can someone die and come back from the dead if they're not the son of God.

• I disagree with this

First of all jesus was born and gods can't be born ,your not god if someone gave birth to you, that makes you weak and not godess, jesus ate,drank(not wine) he used to sleep too, and one time he even prayed for someone, why would a GOD pray for someone ? And lets say that he did get crucified,this god couldn't defend himself when he was getting attacked, and he died, so that doesn't make him a god, and lets not forgot that this god was in a billy of his mother, i don't how! Did this mother hold a god in her billy for 6 months.

• Nope. I think he was a cool person,

But not the son of god. I'm not a Christian, so I personally don't believe he was the son of god. This question is basically, "Are you a Christian?" And I am not. There is absolutely no proof that Jesus is the son of god, or that there even is a god.

• Not Everyone is Who They Claim to Be

If Jesus showed up in this generation, claiming that he is the son of god, would anyone believe him? Would you believe him? He would probably just be sent to a psychiatric facility, thinking that he is mentally ill, if he was lucky. Or, he wold be hated by people for disrupting the peace of what they already believe in today.

• This entire Jesus thing has a lot of problems.

First of all, we need to consider whether he actually exists. Too often I hear this nonsensical drivel that 'scholars agree that Jesus existed!' as if that nonsensical argument actually holds any weight. Um, yeah, of course those scholars do. Do you want to know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE CHRISTIAN SCHOLARS! Gasp, what a big surprise that people who base their entire lives around Jesus would make the assumption that Jesus exists. That's a lot like blindly believing that businesses don't cause any harm or that they never exploit people solely because a CEO said so.

Funny that there never seemed to be any historians during the time of Jesus to vouch for his existence. A guy gets hanged and resurrected? Jerusalem accepts him? Funny that the book which is the one that's completely based around the notion that he exists, that he is the son of god, and was written by people who weren't even around at the time of these supposed events transpiring.

And that's just getting into the matter of whether Jesus was actually a person, never mind if the stories of him weren't completely exaggerated and downright dishonest. And even if they weren't and Jesus was legitimately a good person, that still speaks absolutely nothing for him being the son of god. If I were to blindly believe that every historical figure that claimed them self to be a god or a descendent of such then I would have to believe that there were quite a lot of gods roaming this earth to the point of where utilizing such a title is completely pointless.

Jesus is not the son of god, and a book that was written after his death is not credible, even if this piece in particular didn't completely contradict scientific fact.

• Well of course not

If he existed he would just be a normal man that had philosophical ideas. Or a mentally ill person that belivied he was the son of god or is god whatever. There is also no evidence that he really existed so yeah. As mentioned earlier if he even existed the romans would have mentioned it somewhere.

• I don't think he existed.

Certainly not in the forms that the Gospel claims. There is actually zero contemporary historical evidence any Jesus ever existed. Not a word- the Romans, arguably the best record keepers of the ancient world, never mentioned him. Neither did the Jews. There were several dozen scholars and historians in the area at the time who wrote of other political and historical happenings, yet not a one mentioned a Jesus.

• Jesus Not GOD

28"You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

This is not the only verse that prooves Jesus and God were 2 seperate persons, why would GOD pray to GOD.

2nd) John 7:33
    Jesus said, "I am with you for only a short time, and then I am going to the one who sent me.

Who is Jesus Going Back to....I ask can you go back to yourself

3rd) John 5:30
    30"I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Is there any limitation to what a GOD can do, why cant GOD take his own initiative.

John 5:19
    Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

I know there will be no one refuting these points...Awaiting the response from a valid Christian who know the Gospels and their Bible

If Jesus prayed he prayed to GOD...Even at the Time of crucifiction he prayed to God..Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

If he was a God why will he be in doubt also why will someone pray to himself. No GOD by definition can be in doubt

I guess, more verses will come once someone can reply

• John 14:2 Jesus is not God

2nd) John 7:33

3rd) John 5:30

John 5:19

• He is not

Jesus is not the son of god because he could have lied when he said he was the son of god and anybody could have claimed to be the son of god. Also he could have easily escaped the cross but he did not. How could Jesus be the son of god and be god.

• Not a chance.

What do we have as proof of him being the son of 'god'. We don't even have proof that there is a god, or whether they are plural in number or if it's one singular entity. 2000 years ago, most people didn't know their heads from their asses, so are we led to believe that a book written back then to be a factual account of the life of the son of god? I should think not. That is sheer intellectual dishonesty.

As Nietzsche once said: "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows us that faith proves nothing."

All we have to hold us to the view of Jesus being the son of god is faith. Faith is no evidence at all.