Do you think that taking away voting privileges should be part of a convicted felon's punishment in our democratic society?

• Yes, I support voting rights being on the table of priviledges that can be taken away as the result of a felony

Taking away a prisoners right to vote should be allowed as long as they are incarcerated. I do not believe that a lifetime voting ban for convicted felons is correct, but I do believe that while they are incarcerated making up for there crime that the government be allowed to take away there right to vote.

• Civil rights are only for civil people.

Yes, I do. There's no need for someone who is in prison to cast a vote. They're either in there for life, and will never have a say in our society again. Or they are taking a time out from society for the duration of their sentence. Either way, we shouldn't care who they want in office.

• I think that taking away voting privileges should be part of a convicted felon's punishment in our democratic society.

I think that taking away voting privileges should be part of a convicted felon's punishment in our democratic society. People who have a felony conviction on their criminal record should not be allowed to participate in the election process. Voting should be allowed for people who are generally responsible citizens. Being a felon would make someone seem irresponsible.

• No, not necessarily.

We hear the word convict a lot of times, and automatically assume it is a terrible person we are talking about. This is not always the case. Sometimes it is a repeat drug offender. Usually these people are non-violent and haven't hurt anyone. Prison is already punishment enough as is.