Do you think that the government is slowly taking away our rights?

Asked by: MariahBreeAnn
  • One step at a time.

I believe that the government is slowly taking away our rights. Human rights and constitutional rights. They are becoming more and more strict about guns (second amendment), they have put restrictions on the first amendment (freedom of speech. Etc..), and they are becoming more and more controlling. The government is suppose to be a system of organization for its people. They are not suppose to be at a higher level than us, they are just people. Leaders lead not control. When our government is able to make decisions without the consent of the people it should then be considered unjust.

• Do bears doo doo in the woods?

Can I buy a toilet that is not a flush twice, a new car without airbags, a new car that is not CAFE, a new furnace with a standing pilot, etc.? No, no and more no's. Can I buy the type of medical insurance policy I want? No. Can I hire whom I want and pay them or get paid what I want? No. Can I, through my school board, choose the curriculum to be used to teach my children, choose the holidays to celebrate? No. Can I elect local representatives by geographic area? No. Need I continue?

Can the government take my possessions without due process just because they think I might be a drug dealer? Yes.

Can I get on an airplane without being molested or having my luggage stolen? No.

The safety and the if you are doing nothing wrong there is nothing to fear arguments are totally at odds with liberty. Law abiding citizens have a right to go about their business without being detained or searched unless there is probable cause that he is involved in a crime. Law abiding citizens have a right to be secure in their homes, their persons and papers without the government snooping unless the government has a warrant stating where to search and what to search for. We have a right to be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. For the government to search people or places with no probable cause just to determine if the person is a criminal violates the right of presumption of innocence even if the person searched is not harmed. This is tantamount to the general warrants issued by the King during colonial times. These were the basis of the 4th amendment.

The primary purpose of government is not to keep us safe, but is to ensure that the law abiding can enjoy his liberty. If the government cannot do this then it has no reason to exist.

Can I buy the type of medical insurance policy I want?

• Government is scared of it own people

It won't be long if they Crack the second amendment, all the other rights we have fought so hard for, won't have a leg to stand on. Don't give away your rights for a false sense of security. California is trying it's hardest to Crack it and I don't see them stopping.

• Take are taxes take are right this country is being used by other countries but not the population of the USA

We the people of the USA have no right the world is taking advantage of the USA .Taking away are money by 401 k. Why we pay though the nose for their taxes us for their retirement pensions an then there are taking guns rights and money while they get rich while we get poor it's happening now once we give up the right to bear arms then they will take us a part that is the plan we will have no right at all if you think not LOOK AGAIN Good by real Americans good by

• I feel like I am a Target because my family does not have money

I have to hold an SR22 the moment my SR22 lapses or something happens with the payment they will track my cell phone signal or they will catch me on A City camera and they will pull me over and they will send me to Jail the instant anything happens even as I write this post I am afraid of some type of backlash for my opinion or anytime I say anything I'm automatically anti-American I have no connections I have no family members that are politicians I am just a working person

• This is out rage

I think that the govern ment i s totall l l l l l c f f f fev rvr rv rv v v vv v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v vv v vv v v v v vv

• Not a democracy

I'm so disturbed at the fact that our government is out of control and so is the justice system. This country is run by criminals. A perfect example is the gung ho cops in our country murdering innocent young people and getting away with it. They have the right to steal your things and destroy your personal belongings. They have the right to choke you out on the street sidewalk in public causing your death as they scream stop resisting even though your deceased and not moving all because of the color of your skin. They are above the law and don't respect our rights and the courts allow it to happen. Our rights are being taken away slowly and quietly, just like our jobs and education. This is not a democracy. Our lives are being controlled. We are being oppressed. Why are we being made to suffer? Why does the government have a right to cover up things from the public, like those missing 28 pages from 911. We have a right to know the truth. They give us the right to vote for a president "bush" but then they steal the election with some payoffs and a hand shake. Our vote doesn't count but if they give us the option then it must still be a democracy right? NOT! That is what they want us to believe but that has to include our civil rights, jobs, food, housing, and education so that everyone can prosper equally. No division of rich or poor. Americans are fed up.

• The Government doesn't protect people.

If you think the Government is trying to "protect you" you are by far the biggest moron I've ever seen. The Government doesn't give a flying f*ck about the people, because if they did they wouldn't be signaling out everyone as criminals. That's called being paranoid. I mean if a guy wants to withdraw over $5000 out of his bank, he is automatically "suspicious."

If you go abroad to live in another country or choose to renounce, you get called a Tax Evader or a traitor. The Government only cares about one thing and that's TAXES. You pay taxes so that they benefit more off of you. I don't need the Government to protect me, I protect myself. I'm responsible for my own survival. Not the Government. If the Government cared about anyone, they would be using all the trillions of dollars they ran up in debt to help this country. Just ask all those military men and women that got screwed over when they came back. And the soldiers that got their pensions taken away. Protect my friggin a**

• It's A Balance Of Rights & Security ...

The ONLY thing that remotely infringes upon my rights, as an American citizen, is done for Intelligence purposes, I. National Security. After 9/11, we discovered that those al-Quad terrorists had been living among us. Before Bush '43 left office, we also discovered that Russian spies had been caught living among us. Then, there are the Domestic terrorists. Sometimes, I think the latter is the more disturbing problem. They too are among us.

If the NSA, FBI, or whoever has to look at my emails ... Track the sites I visit ... Examine my spending habits, etc. To AVOID another 9/11, I don't mind. I've got nothing to hide. I will gladly give up a portion of my privacy for BETTER security. Why? It's just not a lot to ask. If looking at Social media, I. Face book or Twitter, somehow uncovers a terrorist plot, then I fully support the government looking & digging. True Americans, with nothing to hide, shouldn't have an issue with this. If they do, in my humble opinion, they AREN'T as innocent as they want people to think that they are. Or ... They have paranoia issues that probably need therapy and/or medication? Maybe both?

• Cause dicks a

And tits, tits are pretty nice too. And some nice puss. . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Media is morphing the truth

The media is morphing the truth. It's not like the government would just take away our rights for fun. They are trying to protect US citizens and I am ok with them doing whatever. If you actually look at the facts, 0 people have been arrested for what the NSA has "illegally" seen.

• No, the government is not taking away individual rights.

The government is not taking away rights, per se. A lot of the laws that are newer and seem to be taking away a person's rights are often in fact set in place to protect the rights of others. We are only allowed personal rights when we aren't somehow hurting other people with what we're doing. The government has had to adapt laws over the years as our culture becomes more complex.