Do you think that the Huffington Post is offensive and racially biased?

• Disgusting , Poorly Constructed Arguments

Donald Trump is a sick twisted monster - HFP , " Bill Clinton did bad things , but he is a great man". The entire Huffington Post is filled with hypocrisy and EXTREME irony. Although it would be facist to decide that people cannot be allowed to spew this information, I wouldn't be opposed to the notion.

• Puffington Post Pieces

All you have to do to know is read a handful of their "articlez." Most read like poor high school essays; dubious facts, hyberbole, insults... Even calling them opinion pieces is somewhat stretching it. When you run a "comedy story" that Mariana Trump told the press she was born a poor black woman, but denote 1 single, small font word to recognize it's falseness, and your Google search result makes it seem like real news, you have given up the ghost on unbiased factual journalism.

• White privilege knee jerk reaction to everything

I am a woman of color and the blatant bias of huffpo makes me want to barf. The latest I saw was a piece stating that the election was about fear of losing white privilege. Give me a break. My only fear is the next generation seems to be vulnerable to swallowing bs whole because critical thinking and fact weighing doesn't seem to be the trend.

• It's admittedly bias

They make no attempt to hide their bias. Never have. It is a pure leftist propaganda machine designed mainly to cater to its liberal readers. Since the election of Donald Trump, for example, I have yet to see any attempt to promote a single positive article in support of him. Most articles are puff pieces for liberal ideologies. Other sites like yahoo feature HuffPo pieces prominently in their news feeds to further promote them as a legitimate and credible news source.

• Biased, but I get why.

Huffington Post makes me want to vomit, but don't misunderstand that as an inability to support their right to print any non-libelous material they wish. They have an audience - it's not me, but that's fine - and, though it certainly feels like their agenda isn't even covert, they entitled to it. I frequently complain that people on the Huffington Post level of leftism have a vacancy for debate and free thought, so it would be counterproductive and hypocritical of me to shun them for expressing views that don't align with mine. With that said, they don't seem to have any backbone. Everything they print is one-sided and without any substance. They get a bunch of RTs from the famous "you're a fascist if you don't agree with me" (which is, by definition, fascist) people, but that's not much to go off of.

• Huffington post makes me sick.

I voted for Obama and use to be liberal till I started reading huffington post then I realized their one sided agenda they're 10000x worse than fox when it comes to being one sided. Even if huffington post is wrong about a issue they won't stop supporting it it's unreal to me that anyone takes them serious. This year I voted Trump! Thanks for changing my view huffington post!

• The Huffington Post is not particularly racist but lacks quality and honesty in reporting and writing.

It is not particularly racist but bias shines through and many of its stories are incorrect and twist the facts. In the UK it is particularly evident that is is against Brexit and paints any argument to make Brexit supporters as racist, stupid and wrong. I have now given up reading any of its stories as I have seen live interviews and then read the fictional stories posted on the site.

• Yes I almost left the democratic party because of it.

As I white male Democrat I've been feeling more and more hatred directed towards me for no reason from the Huffpo. It got so bad that I started thinking that the whole Democratic party was becoming racist and that maybe I should switch to being independent. I decided to start looking for other Democratic websites first and am glad I did. I discovered the problem is the Huffpo and not the Democratic party. Now that I've stopped visiting their website I feel much better about myself and the Democratic party. But it's scary to know that there are racists within it, I thought that was only a Republican thing.

• Competing with CNN for best propagandist for the Democratic Party

As a leftist myself, i don't take pride in reading anything that's "preaching to the choir" per se, but a quick glance at their site from day to day reveals a blatant bias, whether it's "equal rights for women", "African Africans are oppressed", "Republicans hate minorities" etc. etc. and any broad scanning of the "facts" presented reveal a very obvious skew in statistics, or cherry picking to present their case. I'm not stating that i disagree with the points they are trying to make, i'm stating that this reads like straight up propaganda, and in turn hurts the case that they are trying to make.

• Just look for anything negative for HRC

You won't find it. With all of the information coming out of wikileaks do you think they will report it? Have you ever seen a background piece on HRC or Bill that reports the long long history of lies and deception? I'm OK reporting the negative on Trump but please report with fairness the negative findings for HRC with a similar zeal please.

• This is full of shit

It is not biased but full of shit. Shit is not biased but it smells bad. Who will read this shit, I cannot imagine. Shit journal. More and more shit. I doubt it's readership is lot. It is not offensive, but it is shit nudo journal against police and gives weight to criminals.

• Racially? Not necessarily...

First off, am I offended at Huffington Post?

No. I don't like 90% of their articles, but I don't get offended. I will protect their right to say whatever crap they want, it's conservatives who ardently stride to defend this right so for me to be offended and suggest they have to stop would be hypocritical. Takes a lot more than double standards and terrible journalism to offend me.

Guys, this is a news outlet. An extremely liberal one at that. So of course they're going to be biased beyond reason. But racially? Not necessarily. They do pander to minorities and tend to hate on anybody who might be white because of what white people did hundreds of years ago. You know, typical SJW bullshit. Essentially, what I'm saying is that Huff Post is like the Buzzfeed of journaling. I wouldn't say they're racially biased so much as they are biased against anyone of a certain gender. They have articles about how some sexist commercial "reminds women they're nothing but sexual objects" and others about how a calendar featuring shirtless muscular men holding puppies is their favorite thing ever. They're full of shit, but racially biased? I wouldn't say so, because that implies to me that they focused more on pandering to those of a certain race than those of a certain gender.

• It's biased but not racially.

Yeah course it's biased it's a news outlet, they all are, but not racially biased because it reports on the president who happens to be black and the amount of black people shot by police, though it is bs in general, no it isn't offensive nor is it racially biased, it's just politically biased.

• Huff Post spews out disgraceful daily, liberal, left wing bile.

It's possible to complain about the BBC's support of left wing politics, but Huff Post carries on ad nauseum without restraint. Huff Post is anti Brexit, anti Boris Johnson, anti Donald Trump, anti Cameron, and pro Corbyn banging out his citizen Smith political views that haven't changed since the seventies.

• Not offensive just because i just so happen to think differently from the editor!

Simply put; they are biased against republicans, traditional values, Israel, and law enforcement to mention a few. This falls in line with 'progressivesm' and liberal agendas. They will not consider the full picture simply because it doesn't suit their liberal standpoint - if they did they would contradict their own views. They cannot be relied upon for factual unbiased reporting. So steer well clear if you are anything from central right onwards on the political spectrum otherwise it will just make you angry. I stopped reading their stories a while back because i simply don't agree with their views. I suppose i am offended by their ignorance at times but thats the media today really. Everyone has an agenda they try to push through. The best thing to do is read from several papers before forming an opinion. To say HP is offensive is to deny their freedo. Of speech

• The Huffington Post is not racially biased.

The Huffington Post is a news aggregator...That is it. While it does have a liberal slant to it, I do not see it as a racist web site. Please provide proof that it is.
    It is not a journalistic powerhouse nor does it try to be. It is a very lightweight news aggregator that tries to be everything to everyone. It generally does not have much in-depth reporting but it is moving in that direction. If you want a deeper understanding of a particular story, then go and follow it up with further research. Or go straight to a major newspaper site.
    I like it and dislike it at the same time. I like the fact that I can get bits and pieces of current stories all in one place. What I dislike is the pettiness of the reader's comments. But, everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if I don't agree with it.

The comments in the "yes" category are shallow, uninformed and without substance to support their claim. All I see is the typical, clichéd BS about liberals, tabloids, disinformation...Etc.. This is a debating site or just an opinion page?
    The Huffington post is not owned by a liberal. It does not set out to be a hard hitting journalistic endeavor. It's hardly radical. Don't expect something different when it is quite clear that the site is exactly what it's telling you it is.

• It is not...HOWEVER

I have not seen articles on the Post as offensive or racially biased, some are however promoting left values. There are media and news outlets that tend to sway the public both towards the right (FOX) and the left (HP) and therefore cannot be seen as 100% reliable. For example, there have been 2 articles about the recent shooting of a police officer in Penn, however Michael Brown stories have been in the headline everyday. The left ideals of gun control and the oppression of minorities are only being promoted by this slap in the face of discrimination, and choose not to discuss the dangers of police work and why a cop would shoot someone unarmed, based on what their training teaches them to do circumstantially. They are quick to promote discrimination and the wrongs of the middle-class without evaluating the institutional values of different subcultures within society and how they are socialized. Because HP does not take both sides into account and tends to side against right values, I would have to conclude that although it may not be racist or offensive, it is definitely biased towards left values and attempt to distort right wing ideas.

• The Huffington Post is not offensive nor racially biased.

No, I do not believe that the Huffington Post should be considered offensive, nor racially biased. In fact, I believe the Huffington Post essentially aggregates their content from other news sources or from a network of freelance writers. Therefore, it would be unlikely that an entire institution could be labeled as biased when they are actually made up of a network of individuals.

• I do not theink that the Huffington Post is offensive and racially biased.

I do not think that the Huffington Post is offensive and racially biased. The Huffington Post is a liberal news outlet that has no ideological affiliation among its journalists, writers and bloggers. There have been no allegations of racial bias against the Huffington post, but there was a controversy that alleged the Huffington post promote psuedo-sciences such as alternative medicine and supporting anti-vaccine activists.

abhishake says2015-06-14T09:24:12.450
It's not just you Americans I guess, for some of their recently launched India-edition articles seem to be a mix of offensive, propaganda (for vested interests), irrelevant, provocative and selective (of reporting). Just because some stupid Indians rape doesn't warrant articles implicitly encouraging hatred towards all Indian men, culture and the country. Just because your (HP's) editorial board dislikes the highly popular present Indian PM doesn't mean you indulge in selective & biased reporting, for instance - making it seem like Twitterati hates him (for his "despite being a woman....." remark which was twisted out of context) at a time when Twitterati was actually hailing him for an anti-terror army operation inside Myanmar.