Do you think that there is a psychological effect of Tobin taxes that prevents currency traders from making too aggressive trades?

• To A Degree

I believe there could be psychological effects, if a Tobin tax was implemented, that would prevent traders from making too aggressive trades. I believe taxing currency exchanges will be a grave mistake because it is likely to kill the industry involved with it. It's about the quickest method to cut profits and psychological or not, that will cause problems.

• Aggressive trades are risky

There is a psychological effect of Tobin taxes that prevents currency traders from making too aggressive trades. This is a healthy effect because it can be very risky to make too many aggressive trades and it can harm the person. This effect is ingrained in us and is tough to turn around.

• No, I don't think there is a psychological effect of Tobin taxes.

I think that while the tax may be in the back of the traders mind it does not effect the decision they are about to make, often they will be concentrating fully on the stock and how it is trading and how to maximize the profit they can make the tax issue will come later.

• No I don't.

If currency traders want to make an aggressive trade, they are going to do so whether there is a carbon tax or not. They usually have good intelligence and a lot of money to spare, so they have no reason not to go ahead with their plans. Tobin tax isn't enough ot a deterrent.

• not at all

NO, i do not think that this tax is having any type of effect on the people that are making these trades. I think that the reason why they do not go really hard into the trades is because they are just playing it smart and waiting for the right time.