Do you think that Tobin taxes with regards to imports and exports significantly negatively influence global trading?

• Tobin taxes for imports and exports significantly negatively influencing global trading

I do believe that it is going to negatively effect global trading because why should they have to pay taxes on things that they are trading, it's like your double taxing a product because you tax a product before it's even on the market and then your taxing the same item when it is on the market but this time the consumer pays the goverment. I don't think it's fair on either end they need to choose who gets taxed shouldnt be done twice.

• Yes They Would

I believe that a Tobin tax would negatively influence global trading in both imports and exports. Taxes drop demand because the price goes up in relation. I do not believe a Tobin tax should be supported for foreign currency exchanges because it will negatively impact the global economy and that is counter-intuitive in today's market.

• Yes they do.

I do think that Tobin taxes with regards to imports and exports significantly negatively influence global trading. Any extra taxes, including the Tobin taxes, on imports and exports will have a negative effect on trading. This is because people are loosing money for no reason because of excess taxes being imposed.

• It stunts commerce.

Yes, I think that Tobin taxes with regards to imports and exports significantly negatively influence global trading, because any time the cost is increased there will be less of the activity. What might be worth a dollar to one person might not be worth a dollar and twenty cents. Ultimately, there will be less trading.

• Not at all

No, I do not think that these taxes are going to hurt global trading that much, because they are not great enough to cause anyone to lose a whole bunch of money, and people still make so much from trade that it is worth it to just pay the tax.