Do you think the Beretta should be the U.S. Army's standard-issue handgun?

• Knock Down Power

Now come on, everyone knows that the 45 acp projectile has way more killing potential than the 9mm. Yeah I must admit to the m9 being a better sidearm when it comes to ammo count, durability and other minuscule points, but at the end of the day I would rather take a 45 acp over 9mm.

• Yes, I don't see why the Beretta shouldn't be the standard-issue handgun of the U.S. Army.

Unless it could be argued that there is a better standard-issue handgun that would provide the U.S. Army with more safety in combat, then I don't see why the Beretta should be replaced. If it had an issue with accuracy, jamming or in general was looked at as a poor weapon to be the standard-issue handgun of the U.S. Army I might feel otherwise.

• It has been for almost 20 years.

The M9 is the official side-arm of US forces and has been since 1985. I don't see the justification in the expense it would take to find a suitable replacement. It's a simple weapon to assemble and disassemble, and cleaning it is easy enough. Besides, pistols don't get enough "real world" use in my opinion to justify a change.

• The Beretta should not be the U.S. Army's standard-issue handgun

The Beretta should not be the U.S. Army's standard-issue handgun. The U. S. Army should use a handgun that is made in America with as many American resources as possible to encourage growth in our own economy. Although Beretta is used worldwide, it seems unnecessary to outsource a product that we could easily create and supply to our own army.

• Knock Down Power

• No, the Beretta should not be the U.S. Army's standard-issue handgun.

I do not believe that the Beretta should be the U.S. Army's handgun, but not for any of the obvious, xenophobic reasons. I have nothing against Italian manufacturers, and in fact I'm sure that they make a high-quality gun. But at the end of the day, I believe that the funds for the military should go to American contractors, for purely economic reasons.