Do you think the Bush administration is at fault for the spiraling increase in national defense spending?

• Yes, the administration pushed for increased spending.

The Bush Administration was run in large part by politicians that had deeply embedded interests in both the Pentagon and defense contracting companies. Dick Cheney was Vice President of Halliburton before he became VP and was directly responsible for starting a war in the middle east so Halliburton could clean up the mess and bill the federal government billions of taxpayer dollars. Using the "War on Terror" as a justification, the administration greatly increased spending on defense through two wars in the middle east.

• The Bush administartion is at fault for the spiraling increase in national defense spending.

The Bush administration is at fault for the spiraling increase in national defense spending. I believe that ever since 9/11 defense spending has gone way out of control. A large portion of our nations spending goes to defense and I believe that we need to look into other ways of spending money.

• Yes, they are.

The Bush administration is at fault for the increase in national defense spending. Aside from 2 wars and one that was completely unnecessary, they kept funneling money into the pentagon that the pentagon said they did not need. I have no idea why this failure of an administration would misstep this poorly.

• They started a war we didn't need

The Bush administration started a costly war in Iraq that turned out to be completely wrong. There were no weapons of mass destruction and it even in fact made Al-Qaida stronger, all while ignoring Afghanistan. Even as we withdraw and draw down our forces, we will still face legacy and lingering costs for decades in terms of wounded soldiers who are physically maimed and psychologically disabled.

• No, the Bush administration shouldn't be blamed for the defense spending increase.

I do not believe the Bush administration should be blamed for the spiraling cost of defense spending. I think a lot of that increase in spending occurred during necessary times like the Afghanistan and Iraq wars. I think that the spending to make sure the military was well equipped was more than just.