Do you think the classification of premature birth (37 weeks) should be changed?

• keep it the same

The definition of prematue birth should be kept the same. Children that are born sooner then 37 weeks have not fully developed in the womb. By keeping the definition as is, medical professionals can quickly communicate the status of the child and therefore be on the look out for the issues associated with a non-full term baby. Given that medical technology has improved such that time in the womb can be more accurately measured, this klind of communication is even more important

• No, the classification of premature birth should be changed.

I don't see anything wrong with the current classification of premature birth, as long as there is an understanding that not all premature babies are born with physical or mental delays/disabilities. Nor do I believe that children born prematurely should have to carry the "preemie" label throughout their entire childhood, as some currently do.

• No I think that is good,

I think that is a good enough time because there are scientific reason for why the premature birth is called just that even at 37 weeks and just because a child is born premature doesn't mean that they aren't just as cable to live a healthy and fufilling life. The age seems good to me.

• What they chose

No, I do not think that this definition of a premature birth should be changed. The people who set this date were really smart and trained doctors and other professionals, who knew what they were talking about, and were able to come up with the best possible date to call premature.

• The definition of prematue birth should be kept the same.

Children that are born sooner then 37 weeks have not fully developed in the womb. By keeping the definition as is, medical professionals can quickly communicate the status of the child and therefore be on the look out for the issues associated with a non-full term baby. Given that medical technology has improved such that time in the womb can be more accurately measured, this klind of communication is even more important.