Do you think the Coanda-1910 is unfairly dismissed by aviation historians?

• It deserved more attention.

Yes, I think that the Coanda-1910 was unfairly dismissed by aviation historians, because it fell from the history books in that it was not displayed after the International Aeronautical Exhibition in Paris. The Coanda-1910 was extremely unique and noteworthy in that it was the only plan at the time that did not have a propeller.

• Yes I do.

The Coanda-1910 is more seen as a novelty and a failed attempt, rather than a legitimate invention that is deserving of respect. Historians are basically scientists of the past, and a lot of times they fail to live up to that billing. This shouldn't be dismissed, but rather studied more vigorously.

• Technology and mass production have rules.

The Coanda-1910 is unfairly dismissed by aviation historians. This is because it was on its own in terms of technology and did not get picked up for massed production. There are numerous examples of this in technology, even in cars. While experts won't doubt its usefulness and qualities, it just doesn't have what it takes to be multiplied for popular public use.

• I do not.

I do not think the Coanda-1910 is unfairly dismissed by aviation historians. Aviation historians are always looking for new things to add to its history, so if they reject anything then that means it is not really part of the history. They are the ones who know what they are doing.

• He Clearly Reworked The Drawings

I do not believe the Coanda-1910 is unfairly dismissed by aviation historians. I believe it was clear that the drawings were reworked in order to show in-air combustion after the fact. I do believe that the Coanda-1910 deserves a bit more prominence in the history books because of its unique design however.