Do you think the current justice system always follows the rules set in the Eighth Amendment?

• Yes, the current judicial system has always followed the rules set in the 8th Amendment.

I think that the current justice system has always followed the rules set in the 8th Amendment. I think that the current justice system is something that is more than fair and stays true to honoring and protecting the beliefs and principles of the 8th Amendment. I also think that we should all keep it that way.

• The punishments are too light.

Yes, I think that the current justice system follows the rules of the 8th Amendment, because if anything, the sentences are far too light. Each drug or alcohol addict is given treatment a million times before they are actually put in jail. Sitting in jail is neither cruel nor unusual.

• The current justice system doesnt always follow the rules in the Eight Amendment

The current justice system doesn't always follow the rules in the Eight Amendment. As we are progressing in our society, more and more laws are trampled upon by the justice system, so it goes against the eight amendment. For instance, allowing gay marriage may seem like the equal and right thing, but indirectly it will harm the values of the family system, which I strongly believe should be between man and woman.

• Police Brutality is a Real Thing

As a white, heterosexual, comfortable-in-his-own-skin male, I can say that the world looks fair to me. But the kinds of police brutality enacted on the very bodies of those who are not part of the dominant society tells a different story. Protesters, the trans-gendered, and minorities are seeing a different story. Cops do not fear them, because they often have no voice, or are already the "dregs of society." If law enforcement is permitted to use excessive force, it can and will happen.