Do you think the driving age should be raised to 18?

• Yes safer that way

I think the driving age should be 18 across the US. I think at 18 there is a better chance that the driver is more mature and more focused for driving. I think we should still allow a permit at 16 and have the person go through 2 years of training to prepare them for driving.

• Yes, driving ages should be 18.

I definitely think that the driving age should be raised to 18. I think that there are a lot reasons why that should happen. One of them being is that a lot of accidents are being caused by younger drivers. I think that it is important to make sure a person is mature enough to drive.

• They aren't ready yet

The driving age should be changed to 18 because teens haven’t fully developed in their brain, and should wait until they have before the focus on driving. As a teen, the frontal lobe of the brain is still developing, which is the part responsible for weighing risks and making judgments. This part of the brain does not fully develop until ages 18-20. This shows that teens should wait until they have fully matured until they take up driving so they don’t make poor judgments.

• Yes , very much so

Yes there should be a raise in the driving age because there are way to many hit and runs that turn out to be people under 18 and so the change should be made in an attempt to save lives, besides one might argue that it can take at least two years to learn how to drive properly.

• I think that younger drivers are less experienced mostly.

I think that for the most part that drivers under the age of 18 are more likely to get in accidents so raising the driving age to 18 would mean more competent drivers. Some of the teen drivers that are driving right now are not aware of the dangers of driving really.

• People could die from reckts

They can also get injured or get their licens taken away if they do something bad when there young or they can die of the car axadent if they get into a reck and get arested and go to jail . And they could get more expirience . And be good at driving.

• People could die from reckts

• Yes i say yes

“All 50 states prohibit 16 year olds from drinking alcohol, or buying cigarettes but they are willing to put them in front of a wheel of a car!” I believe that the driving age should be raised to 18 because of the outrageous amounts of money the government is spending on first time drivers. Also cell phone use has been a big issue for 14-17 years olds. Technology is taking teens to a whole other level. The, brain and auto safety experts know that 16-year-olds, the youngest drivers licensed in most states, cause most of these daily accidents, and roadway risk. Finally, most teens start using drugs around the age of 15!!!

• The driving age should be raised to 18.

The driving age should be raised to 18. It would allow for more practice behind the wheel before parents allow them to drive on their own. It would teach children that they can have more practice driving before they are allowed by themselves. I think it would be good to raise the age.

• Driving age should not be raised.

I think that the driving age should stay at 16. I think this because if you start driving at 16 you will be more experienced and 16 year old's need to drive to work. Also most 18 year old's aren't that more mature than 16 year old's. But I think the driving test should be harder.

• Of course not

For decades teens have been waiting to turn 16 so they can start driving but know they have to wait and extra 2 years whats the point for practicing for 2 extra years if you don't really get real experience on the open road don't take that away from teens.

• Experience makes drivers better

's k keep k. Keep k just hmm Blvd ,o g. I by j m j just j hmm ,g.I'm , x x v Xbox. X. XXxX c. X, f r r re e r r r e s s e. Pop up on. S s s s s g d d d s s d s s

• It should stay the same

All that matters is practice and experience. Also if you keep something away from someone they want it even more. So teens need it for a job or school transportation. If they aren't given the chance they will never learn how to. Not everyone needs as much time to learn as other.

• Yes, the legal driving age should stay the same.

If your neighbor robs a bank, should you go to jail? No. If your classmate gets in an accident, should your driver's license be taken away? O course not. Neither situation is fair. Raising the driving age will punish all young drivers for the mistakes of a few of their peers

• Should Not Be Raised

I do not believe the driving age should be raised to the age of 18. I believe it is best to learn how to drive while still in a parents care. It is easy to pick up the basics of driving, but it takes a few years to really get the hang of it.

• The age has been the same for some years and there is no need to change it

No, the age has been 16 for a long time and it has not proven any need of change. Many drivers above the age of 18 have proven that they should not possess a license of any kind. If a teen proves that he or she is able to take responsibility in operating a motor vehicle, then they should have the opportunity to do so.

• No the driving age should not be raised.

The driving age should not be raised to 18 as the two extra years allow drivers to learn and understand how to drive better, since they are required to have instructors teach them for the first year, and have to drive with another adult the second year. By age 18 they should be more then ready to drive on their own and should not have to start this process at 18.