Do you think the economy is getting better (yes) or worse (no)?

• Yes, the economy is getting better.

Yes, the economy is getting better. The proof can be seen in may different places. Take the falling unemployment rate. If the economy were not getting better, this rate would not be falling. People will argue that it is only falling because of an increase in minimum wage and part time jobs. This is true, but a part time job at minimum wage is better than no job. People have to start from somewhere. Also, the start market shows a growing faith in the economy. If not, the fast rise would not have happened due to excess risk of major loss.

• I think so

This is mostly anecdotal but I just bought my first home as did a couple of friends of mine. I am getting calls from recruiters but I like my job and don't feel the need to leave. I have seen my salary increase 4 times over the last 3 years. My mother just got a new job at a company that is struggling to fill positions. It would appear things have picked up. However it might just me and people that I know.

• The economy is getting better.

the economy is most certainly getting better under President Obama. We have seen a growth in GDP country-wide, and unemployment has continued to drop by the month. Wages are finally on the increase again, and now cities and states are taking it upon themselves to raise the minimum wage. Even certain companies are, like Gap

• We are printing money.

I think the economy is getting worse, because unemployment is still high. The Department of Labor changed the way that the unemployment statistics are reported so that it will not look so bad. In the meantime, the government is still printing money, which causes inflation. All of these things combined with Obamacare are tearing our economy apart.

• It's getting a lot worse

It's hard saying this but we need to bite the bullet and deal with this NOW and stop selling our children's future down the road. I know there will be lots of suffering and heartache but the collapse is coming sooner or later. Remove regulation from the markets, no more bailouts and get governments out of it no matter how much you regulate someone will always find a way around it

• The economy is not improving for the majority

Minimum wage is not rising although the cost of food and living is. How do they think the economy is better because there are more jobs?! We can only work so many hours and it's too many as is, in my opinion. If you want the economy to get better, give people more money to spend and more time to spend it.

• Min wage has not risen

• The economy is getting worse

The economy is getting worse. Taxes are increasing. Our government is overspending and misusing taxpayer money. There are more people losing their jobs and needing government assistance than ever before. I think the biggest issue is our government not spending taxpayer money wisely and wasting the funds that it receives.

• No, I think the economy is getting worse for all but the wealthy.

When I shop, I see evidence that the economy is not getting better like everyone keeps saying it is. I have neighbors who were downsized, ran out of unemployment and have still not been able to find work through no fault of their own. I have seen people at the drug store ask how much for a weeks worth of their medicine because they could not afford more. If the economy is getting better, it isn't at our level.