Do you think the end of "Another 48 Hours" killed the movie? (Don't give spoilers)

Asked by: Adam2
  • I won't give the ending out

I will say this though. Here's a cop who for most of the movie's franchise was an arrogant douchebag of a cop who looked like he came out of the United Klans of America, calling Hammond the n word and a "spearchucker." Then, later in the next movie, he turns into a deceitful cheat, who cheats Hammond of his money to force him to go into another cop misadventure, when he made a promise that he would give him his money back. He then turns into a cool honest fella in the end (though I won't say what the end was). It wasn't necessarily a bad ending, I just felt they kinda fairy taledized the movie a bit, making it unreal and sappy.

Adam2 says2014-06-10T21:14:58.123
This is for those who have seen the movie...
Adam2 says2014-06-10T21:15:11.820
Only those who have seen the movie could answer.
Adam2 says2014-06-10T21:17:21.163
I didn't object to Cates changing but rather how they did it, which I won't reveal. It kinda made the movie more like "Leave it to Beaver" more than a gritty hardcore cop film.