Do you think the federal government should put more funding into disaster preparedness?

• Yes, much more.

The funding put toward disaster preparedness is much less than the money it takes to recover from a disaster like Katrina. If you take this into account, it's a no-brainer. There are almost always ways to avoid a disaster. Even a meteor strike. So yes, there should be much more investment.

• No, increased funding means increased deficit spending..

Given most Americans feel they are already paying enough federal tax. And, considering Congress cannot seem to find places to cut back the present programs, nor discover any additional sources of revenue. Then, the only way to pay for additional funds for disaster preparedness would have to come from additional deficit spending. We simply cannot continue to keep borrowing to fund government programs..

• No They Shouldn't

I do not think the federal government should put more funding into disaster preparedness. From my understanding, the government is well prepared for disasters and there are many images floating around the Internet where the government is stockpiling caskets. What are those for? I think we've spent a lot of money in this department, we shouldn't spend more.

• They manage it poorly.

No, I do not think that the federal government should put more funding into disaster preparedness, because when they do, they do a poor job of it. When hurricane Katrina hit, people were left to suffer and die and the Superdome. Where was the federal government with all of its funding?