Do you think the future of medicine is in tissue engineering?

• Yes, it will provide a way for regeneration.

While tissue engineering may be rather new, it is quickly gaining popularity amongst the medicinal field. With a growing population, discoveries and advances such as these are necessary to be able to support the new diseases and injuries that may come in the future. If we continue to fund research, we may one day be able to perfect tissue engineerings.

• Engineering Tissues Already Being Done

Growing tissues and organs from various body parts is already being done and the future of the field is exciting. Think of the possibilities if brain tissue can be engineered to replace old tissue. What about heart muscles that can be grown in a lab or even a new spinal cord? Tissue engineering is a huge medical field that deserves more consideration.

• Yes, I think tissue engineering will be a key pillar of the future of medicine.

Our technology is advancing so quickly that pretty soon tissue engineering will become commonplace in medical practice and it will provide a great net benefit for everybody, I believe scientists are making great strides in this field of science and it's exciting to see how far they can go with it.

• Yes, I do.

I think the future of medicine is in tissue engineering, for the most part. What this does is basically turn a person into a car that has replaceable parts. I think this is going to start happening regularly over the next 15 to 20 years, and I cannot wait to see it.

• not at all

No, I think that the future of medicine is in the different cures that we need for a lot of major diseases that we do not have any way to control. This is what is going to make the country get a whole lot better in the medical types of things.