Do you think the government has the capability to end United States poverty without help from private citizens?

• Poverty Is Too-Far Reaching

In answer to this question, we need to think about where the poor are often located: in isolated regions that may even be considered "off the grid" regarding technology, communication, and the government intervention that already tries to assist those who need help. Think of places like Appalachia or Indian reservations, and how little we even know about what life is like there. The individual citizen should enter into these worlds, to do what government has already failed to do in keeping our nation unified.

• I don't think so

I don't think the government has the capability to end poverty in the US without help from private citizens. I am not an economist. It seems to me that with our current deficit, the national debt and all of the other programs which require funds and funding, there is only so much that the government can do. I think the government can and should do things to help its poorest citizens, but that private help is needed.

• No They Don't

I do not believe the government has the capability to end United States poverty without help from private citizens. The government doesn't do anything without us. The private citizens are the tax payers and the government doesn't do anything without funding. Without that funding the government is helpless and can not combat any issue, much less poverty.

• No, private citizens need to help the government deal with poverty.

I believe that the government does not have the capability to end United States poverty without help from private citizens. In fact, I think the opposite is true. The government has been making more and more cuts in welfare and food stamp programs forcing recipients to use church food banks, church dinners, etc. Poverty is so great it will take both the government and citizens to combat it.