Do you think the Kosovo War was directly caused by ethnic cleansing in the Balkans during the 1990s?

• The Kosovo war was directly the result of ethnic cleansing.

Both Kosovo and Bosnia had their share of ethnic cleansing. Both countries suffered economically from the fall of the USSR, and then the subsequent fall of Yugoslavia. They needed someone to blame. Their leaders took a page from Hitler's play book, and blamed a minority ethnicity. The idea was to blame the minority and kick them out of the country. What neither nation planned on was external help, or 'insurgents' that came to the aid of their kin. This is how the conflicts escalated.

• Kosovo War caused by ethnic cleansing of the Balkans in 1990's

The Kosovo War was caused by ethnic cleansing of the Balkans in 1990's. It was caused indirectly, and as a result the war started. It was the removal of a group of people that had lived on the land for many years. Thus, the Yugoslavian war started because of it. I believe there was more to take into consideration for the causes of the war, but the ethnic cleansing was definitely part of it.

• They stood up for themselves.

Yes, I think that the Kosovo War was directly caused by ethnic cleansing in the Balkans during the 1990s, because the ethnic cleansing destabilized the area. Having watched what happened to the Jews in World War II, those in Kosovo were not willing to stand by while those intent on killing people got their way.

• Yes, the Kosovo War was directly caused by the incident in the Balkans.

I think that the Kosovo War was directly caused by ethnic cleansing in the Balkans during the 1990s. It is clear that there were a lot of issues that caused the war, but this was the main reason for it. I think that a lot of people had a difficult time letting go of some issues.

• Was Started By KLA and Other Groups

My family is from Serbia. We had a farm for hundreds of years. Before the Kosovo War, the KLA took the area of the farm and surrounding the farm, where my ancestors were buried, and took it for themselves. To the date, Serbians cannot visit this land. This happened all around Serbia and it was pure retaliation and not ethnic cleansing.

• I do not think the Kosovo War was directly caused by ethnic cleansing in the Balkans during the 1990s.

I do not think the Kosovo War was directly caused by ethnic cleansing in the Balkans during the 1990s. The Kosovo War was originally caused by attacks on Serbian Police in Kosovo by a former terrorist group known as the Kosovo Liberation Army, which was composed of ethnic Albanians. The KLA was attempting to take control of Kosovo, which was controlled by the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia before the war.