• Yes, the lottery is worth playing.

While I have never played the lottery, I think it is worth it to play as long as you have the money available. If a person chooses to spend extra money on lottery tickets then I am absolutely okay with that. In some cases a person may actually turn a profit.

• Yes, I think that the lottery is worth playing!

Yes, I think that the lottery is worth playing because the suspense of it is fun and if ever you were to win you would never have to worry about a single thing in your life again. I have won contests before and they were so fun I could only imagine how winning the lottery would be.

• I don't think the lottery is worth playing.

Throughout my life I have heard great success stories about lottery winning, although I'm not sure its convinced me enough to believe it's worth playing. I mean there are billions of people playing these so your chance is 1 in 100000000000000. I don't think my money is worth giving to such a foundation!

• It's extremely unlikely you'll win anything.

The odds of winning the Mega Millions is approximately 1 in 258,890,850.
    Here is a brief list of things that have better odds of happening:

You are almost 3 times more likely to date a supermodel AND die of heart disease. -- odds: 1 in 97,816,400
    You are slightly more likely to be killed by a falling coconut. -- odds: 1 in 250,000,000
    You are over 2 times more likely to be crushed by a vending machine. -- odds: 1 in 112,000,000

Get the picture?

• Lotteries make money

The lottery is a business, not a charity. This means the odds are never in your favor. A more fun, and equally profitable use of that money would be to grow it out you car window on a busy road. I don't see how one could, but if you get twenty dollars worth of fun out of each ticket, go ahead, otherwise, it's a complete waste.

• No, the lottery is not worth playing.

On one hand, the allure of the lottery for the average Joe is not at all hard to understand. The daily wages taken home by the common worker have not changed significantly in at least a decade, and so the possibility of earning a lifetime's worth of such wages in one fell swoop is difficult to resist. Yet the odds of actually winning a large sum are tiny, and ultimately the working man's wages are wasted in this way.

• Useless and stupid

Because majority of people are sheeps who follow society, they know in their heart they will never win , and even if they will, Cash will be very fast a weight under their shoulders. Because they expected too many great things because of cash, but You know expectations is not reality. They will be dissapointing and their friends will harass them, except good people, but its 50/50 in that case