Do you think the major appeal of reality shows is their supposed truthfulness?

• I think so.

I think that the perceived truthfulness of a show or it's "reality" is one of the main reasons why people like to watch the reality TV shows. People like to compare themselves to the lives of average people and decide if they are better or worse off. I think that often times, reality shows are more scripted than people imagine though.

• Yes, I think that is one of the main reasons people love them.

You know, when your dentist asks you if you watched whatever reality show was on the previous night, that they are way popular. Most of my friends will talk for days when one of the shows stars says something really rude about one of the other stars. I guess that is what passes for "truthfulness". But, yes, that's what seems to make the reality shows so popular is their rude "truthfulness".

• They are a window into reality.

Yes, I think that the major appeal of reality shows is their supposed truthfulness, because reality shows are for the most part unscripted. You can see a portion of a person's real personality by watching a reality show. Reality shows offer an authentic way for the viewer to connect with the audience.

• No, I do not think that the major appeal of reality shows is not due to their supposed truthfulness.

I do not think that the major appeal of reality shows is to their supposed truthfulness. I think that they are appealing to most people because they appear to be real but have just enough fantasy in them to entertain them. For example, in the united states there is a show called the bachelor. The show works by allowing a man to pick his mate. He is given a group of women to choose from and each girl competes for his love. I think that this is appealing to women because they can place themselves int he situation and fantasize about how they would do.

• No, The major appeal of reality shows is not their supposed truthfulness.

No, The major appeal of reality shows is not their supposed truthfulness, but people interest in watching drama happen. Most people do not want drama in their lives, but they do enjoy to watch drama happen in others. Reality television is the perfect outlet for this. Anymore, you can watch pretty much anything on a reality show and watch people experience highs, lows, and the drama that comes with it all. No one ever watched Jersey Shores because it was of its truthfulness. They watched it because of the drama that would always break out between all of the actors.