Do you think the mom of the 4 year old that was shot should be charged?

• Negligence around children is criminal

Intent doesn't matter when it comes to what happened. Of course the mom never intended for her son to get access to the gun, but it doesn't change the fact that she made such access possible. It was her responsibility to make sure he couldn't harm himself or others through that gun - and she failed.

• People need to be held responsible

People keep guns in their homes and do not take proper precautions. I don't understand why we push child gates and other devices and not protection from guns. If a parent left a bottle of bleach where a child could easily get it they might get charged for negligence or recklessness, why not with guns?

• Yes, I think the mom of the 4 year old that was shot should be charged.

Yes, I think the mom of the 4 year old that was shot should be charged because she should have ensured that the fire arm was out of reach of the toddler. I believe that Americans who purchase firearms need to understand that they are responsible for ensuring the firearm doesn't fall into the wrong hands or get carelessly used.

• No, I do not believe that Jamie Gilt should face criminal charges

Jamie Gilt, a mom in Florida, was recently shot in the back when her four year old son grabbed her .45-caliber handgun. She might face criminal charges for allowing her son to access the weapon. However, I do not think she should be charged as being shot is punishment enough.