Do you think The New Zealand's plan to implement a fat tax on food is a good idea?

• Yes, it's better than a ban.

We tax all kinds of things and a lot of things that are bad for us in excess, such as alcohol and tobacco. So a tax on junk foods would be okay if it were not excessive. Some people quit smoking because it costs too much, so the same might hold true with certain foods.

• Why not tax it

Maybe people will start noticing how much fat these companies are putting into our food. Maybe then people will realize why there is an obesity epidemic going on. Maybe then people will look to these multi-billion dollar corporations and say 'what the **** are you feeding us?' We as a people need to wake up to the poison of corporations who care about nothing but the almighty dollar.

• No, it is unfair to control the people.

No, I do not think that New Zealand's plan to implement a fat tax on food is a good idea, because people should not have to be told by their government what they can and cannot eat. Also, too much of any food will make you fat. The government should not be in the business of deciding which foods cross the fat tax line and which don't. Companies will try to buy off politicians in order to not be taxed.

• New Zealand's Fat Tax Bad Idea

New Zealand shouldn't implement a fat tax on foods in the country. Doing so penalizes people for eating, which won't actually curb weight gain and obesity. The fact of the matter is that people have to choose for themselves to eat healthier foods. The government can't tax people on fatty foods and expect anything good to happen.

• The New Zealand's plan to implement a fat tax on food is not a good idea.

The New Zealand's plan to implement a fat tax on food is not a good idea. The new tax on unhealthy food in the grocery stores would just add more of a burden to families that are already struggling as it is. Families do not need an increase in their food bill right now and sounds down-right stupid to me. If I enjoy eating it, even if it is bad for me, it should be left up to me.