Do you think the number of law enforcement officials killed on duty in 2016 will be lower than 2015 and prior years?

• No, the umber of law enforcement officials killed on duty in 2016 will be not lower than 2015

No, the umber of law enforcement officials killed on duty in 2016 will be not lower than 2015 an prior years because, unfortunately, violence is increasing. Social and economic conditions are getting worse. More and more people live in poverty and they are turning to criminal activity to feed their families. Uneducated and scared they will do stupid things, they will shoot a police officer in panic.

• No, I do not think the number of law enforcement officials killed in 2016 will be lower than the number killed in 2015.

Sadly, I would disagree wholeheartedly with the statement that the amount of law enforcement officials we will lose needlessly this year will be less than last year. If anything I feel the number will be much greater. It is getting so that when you turn on the news, tragedies such as these are almost commonplace.

• Death rates clearly on the rise

The number of law enforcement officers killed in 2015 declined from 2014, but the number are on the rise again. Given that, as of August, 38 have been killed in 2016, and that 42 officers were killed in 2015, it seems clear that the numbers for 2016 are trending upward and will most likely exceed the numbers from 2015. These deaths are all tragic.

• No, I don't think the number of law enforcement officials killed in 2016 will be less than 2015

No, I don't think the number of law enforcements officials killed on duty in 2016 will be less than 2015 and prior years. There is more chaos in 2016 than past years which means more violent encounters between civilians and active duty law enforcement. There will most likely be more killed on duty.