Do you think the R rating (viewers under 17 must have an adult with them) should be abolished, so that teenagers should be able to watch what they want?

• Yeah, the law is very outdated

Like the other one said, the person could easily just pirate the movie online. Dozens of sites exist that have movies (none of which I'm going to link because that would be illegal), which allow you to watch or freely download. However, the law doesn't really apply online, as it's easy to use the Internet in the 21st century. And besides, it's easy for someone to borrow a movie from their house and bypass any parental controls set if needed. So what if it is supposed to protect. I think of them like web filters, if you are smart enough to get around them, it's not an issue

• Content control is already lost to the Internet

We live in a different world from when the MPAA instituted its content controls. Suffice to say any teenager can find almost anything via the Internet, and a parent's attempt at instituting parental controls on the Internet is likely to end with the teenager getting around it. There is economy utility in eliminating these controls by allowing teenagers to go see the movies with their friends - because their only alternative is going to be to use the Internet they know so well and simply pirate the movie.

• No, the R rating should not be abolished.

Young people, teenagers, are very impressionable and are not mature enough to handle the content in some R rated films. It is my opinion that we should continue to have limits on what teenagers watch. If an adult thinks that a 16 year old can handle the content of a specific movie than there is still the option for them to watch the movie with an adult.

• R Should Stay

I do not believe the R rating should be dropped by MPAA. We shouldn't drop a rating so teenagers can watch whatever they want. These ratings were actually put in to help parents and keep teenagers out of these movies. I don't think we should change things just because teenagers have a problem with it.

• The R rating is meant to protect children and teenagers.

The R rating (viewers under 17 must have an adult with them) should not be abolished so that teenagers should be able to watch what they want. Teenagers always want to do what they wish, but parents and society need to keep an eye on them and control their exposure to things with harmful influences.

• No, I do no think the R rating should be abolished.

I think the R rating should not be abolished and allow teenagers to watch whatever films they want. I think that there are subject matters in movies that teenagers should have to wait for to watch. I do think that they should consider getting rid of any rating that disallows people under a certain age from watching a film even with a parent.