Do you think the revelation of Valerie Plame's identity as a covert agent was primarily and purposefully motivated by politics?

• Politics motivated the revelation of Valerie Plame's actions as a covert agent

Politics was definitely the major motivating factor behind the article that revealed Valerie Plame's identity as a CIA agent. An agent's identity is a closely guarded secret for reasons of safety, both that of our country and of the agent and their family. There is not a legitimate reason to reveal an agent's identity as it would compromise the security of our country and the agent. For the agent to be revealed in an article in a national publication could only be for political reasons.

• It was retaliatory.

Yes, I think that the revelation of Valerie Plame's identity as a covert agent was primarily and purposefully motivated by politics, because it was in obvious retaliation for the actions of her husband. The timing of the outing, combined with the lies to cover it up, make it quite clear that it was a politically motivated action.

• Yes, it probably was.

i'm still a bit surprised by the revelation of Valerie Plame. I cannot figure out why she or anyone would want her to reveal her identity, especially being how covert she was. There is something fishy about the entire ordeal, and I still can't wrap my head around the sequence of events.

• More Than Likely

I believe the revelation of Valerie Plame's identity as a covert agent was more than likely motivated by politics. As many interacted with the Bush administration many careers were ruined and torn to pieces due to problems in the administration and the person who headed it. I am certain Plame's identification benefited someone, somewhere.

• No, Valerie Plame's identity was not given out because of politics.

It was Valerie Plame herself that was the one that revealed her identity as a CIA agent during an interview. The investigation however was totally motivated by politics. When it was discovered that her identity was not disclosed by someone in the Bush administration the special prosecutor had to look for other charges in order to gain a conviction.