Do you think the scientific method is directly opposed to religious enquiry?

• Scientific method and religious inquiry are entirely different.

I do, in fact, think the scientific method is directly opposed to religious inquiry. The reason for this is because science is there to find facts and verify truths, while religion claims the be the all-knowing. Religion stagnates and never changes, and scriptures remain the same. Science and religion are polar opposites.

• They don't have to be opposed.

Science in general doesn't go with religion, but it depends on how you view religion. There can be a scientific context to a lot of religious things and it can work with each other if you view religion as metaphorical and not literal. If you are a scientific and logical thinker it is possible to use both.

• No It Is Not

I do not believe the scientific method is directly opposed to religious inquiry. I believe some religions can hold up to scientific reasoning, it's just impossible to prove some of the theories that religion brings up. For this reason I don't think the scientific method is useful in a religious context many times, but they aren't directly opposed.

• the scentific method

I personally disagree, The scientific method is a good way to find out what is going on in the physical universe and it can and should be accepted by religion. However, it needs to recognize that not every experiment can be replicated and that things do happen that are out of the ordinary and make room for that sort of mystery as religion does.

• No, they can work together.

The scientific method is a good way to find out what is going on in the physical universe and it can and should be accepted by religion. However, it needs to recognize that not every experiment can be replicated and that things do happen that are out of the ordinary and make room for that sort of mystery as religion does.