Do you think the Supreme Court of the United States should rule Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional?

• Yes they should

Yes I think that the Supreme Court of the United States of America should rule the Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional because it does not all everybody to have the same basic freedoms. Everyone should be able to marry the person that they want, whether or not it is heterosexual or homosexual.

• Yes, it is.

They should rule the defense of marriage act as unconstitutional, and did. Nowhere in the constitution does it state that marriage should be between a man and woman. That is simply scriptural and, as we know, the United States constitution is not based on any religion. It is very secular.

• No, DOMA is a piece of legislation that should stay in effect

The Defense of Marriage Act is a sound piece of legislation that was created to protect the ideals of marriage along with the ideals of the United States. The Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman and the federal government should stand beside this text and keep DOMA in place.

• I do not think the Supreme Court of the United States should rule Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional.

I do not think the Supreme Court of the United States should rule Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional. I think that they should pass the bill to allow everyone equal rights that wants them. I think going back and forth on the issue is not right and they should make a final decision.

• Yes, it opposes personal freedom

I think the Constitution above all else is about personal freedom and freedom from government intrusion. I think the marriage debate is a religious issue that has no place in the courts. For states to enact laws against this seems to me a violation of the constitution and therefore the court should rule against such laws.