Do you think the Terri Schiavo case was fairly portrayed by the media?

• The media gave a balanced view.

The Terri Schiavo case was fairly portrayed by the media. I think the media portrayed her case fairly. I like that they gave her life so much value, considering so many people don't think life support should have been necessary for her anymore. The media had shows about the pros and cons of this medical problem.

• Terri not treated fairly

Terri Schiavo was not treated fairly by the national news media. Her family was portrayed as wacky and out of touch with mainstream society. It was such a media frenzy that her family did not really have a chance to portray Terri and her situation how they wanted it portrayed.

• Yes, I think the Terri Schiavo case received fair treatment in the media.

Yes, the Terri Schiavo case's portrayal in the media was fair. While the pictures focused on Terri and made her look like someone who lacked mental capability, that was the harsh truth of her life at that point. Keeping her alive was not a good use of medical resources, which led to a tragic situation, but in addition to the pictures, the media presented the case for keeping her alive as well. That balanced portrayal did not keep the ending from being sad.

• No It Wasn't

I do not believe the Terri Schiavo case was portrayed fairly by the media. This case received far too much attention from media outlets and we also saw a lot of reporters and media comment on the case in a personal way, distracting from the facts involved. I don't think the media attention it got helped anyone.

• No, the Terri Schiavo case was not portrayed fairly be the media.

I think that the whole Terri Schiavo debacle was being pushed by political agendas by both sides of the spectrum. The media was definitely doing everything they can to portray the situation as a fight between the religious beliefs of some and the beliefs of some that a person is only classified as a label.