Do you think the United States will ever lose its standing as the world's largest economy?

• the United States

I personally agree,That was the conclusion of the Global Agenda Council on the United States, a group of experts that was brought together by the World Economic Forum and that I have chaired. Even more intriguing, our group tested our views on, among others, a set of Chinese officials and experts, who worried that we would face a world overwhelmed by chaos if the U.S. facing resource restraints, leadership fatigue and domestic political dysfunction disengaged from its global responsibilities.

• Yes: The US Will Lose its Status as the World's Largest Economy

The loss of America's current position as the world's largest economy is threatened by an array of factors. China has been accelerating its economic growth, and its huge population base gives it the potential to supplant the US. The instability of the world economy and the kind of calamities both economic meltdown and climate chaos could bring are also wild cards that threaten the status of all major economies. Finally, disruptive technologies and globalization are transforming the way economies function, giving rise to notions of global government and the degradation of sovereign states.

• the United States

That was the conclusion of the Global Agenda Council on the United States, a group of experts that was brought together by the World Economic Forum and that I have chaired. Even more intriguing, our group tested our views on, among others, a set of Chinese officials and experts, who worried that we would face a world overwhelmed by chaos if the U.S. facing resource restraints, leadership fatigue and domestic political dysfunction disengaged from its global responsibilities.

• United States losing it's stand as the worlds largest economy

Yes I do believe that the united states will lose its standing as the worlds largest economy because of how bad of a fall we have taken with the economy and people having jobs. Also the increase in people filing for bancruptcy will also increase the decrease in the economy.

• No it will not

No, I do not think that we will lose our standing as the biggest economy in the world. I think that we are just going through a small problem right not, and that we will soon come up out of it and be really wealth again in the near future.