Do you think the war in Afghanistan has lost its main purpose?

• It has almost become another Viet Nam.

Yes, I believe the war in Afghanistan has lost it's main purpose. The war seems to be just kind of wandering along, going wherever it ends up on a particular day. I think everyone knows there will always be unrest in Afghanistan. I also believe everyone is tired of the war dragging on and is ready to see it end.

• Yes it has.

Yeah the war in Afghanistan has certainly lost its main purpose. The original reason we were there was to dismantle the Taliban and Al Queda and to kill or capture Osama Bin Laden. Then we were supposed to train them so they can defend against terrorism. All has already been done.

• Yes, the war in Afghanistan has lost it's main purpose.

I definitely think that the war in Afghanistan has lost its main purpose. I think that it is important that people realize that the reason for the War On Terror is to make people in the allied countries safer. Staying in Afghanistan no longer has a purpose other than to rebuild the government.

• Yes It Has

When we started the war in Afghanistan we started a War on Terror. I think that goal is too lofty. We took out Osama bin Laden, according to the United States government anyway, and Afghanistan has an operating government. We have no reason to stay any longer because there is no main purpose for this war. It's time to bring the troops home.

• I do not think the war in Afghanistan has lost its main purpose.

I do not think the war in Afghanistan has lost its main purpose. The purpose of the war in Afghanistan was to remove the Taliban government from power. The Taliban government was known for harboring Al-qaeda and Osama Bin Laden. The war in Afghanistan accomplished it's mission to overthrow the Taliban and also lead to the execution of Osama Bin Laden.