Do you think there is a need for the colonization of space in the distant future?

• Earth wont exist for long, and us

Earth and us wont exist later of pollution because there is a BIG HOLE in the ozone layer, and we have to do something like...Why not go to another planet like mars?.. Its similar to earth and we can bottle mars and put oxygen and LIVE. And after a few billion years, earth will start again (stone age, iron age, gold age..Something like that)

• Earth wont exist for long, and us

• ,,,, , , ,

, , , , ,, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,, , , , , , ,, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,, , , , ,, , ,, m

• ,,,, , , ,

• ,,,, , , ,

• There is a need

E3e32ee3ee233e22ee2e33e3e3e3e3e3ee3e333e12e e3 e3e e e3 e3e3e e3e3 e3e3 e3e3e e33e3 e3e3e e3e3 e3e3 e33e3 3e3e3 e3e3e3e3ee e3e e3e 33e 3e3 e3e 3e3 e3e 3e3 e3 e 3e 3e 3e 3e 3 e3 e3 e 3e 3 e3 e 3e 3e 3 e3 e3 e 3e 3 e3 e3 e3 3e 3e

• Earth Won't be here forever

And it won't stay habitable at this rate. It can, however, return to its original state, but we can't be on it for that to happen. So we would need to colonize other planets, leave Earth alone for a few Billion years, and come back. We could have some alternative to pollution inducing operations by then, and we won't have to deal with that problem for a few quadrillion years. We could also use this opportunity to learn about our fellow planets, and our galaxy; The Milky Way. We live here, I'd like it to be able to stay that way

• Earth Won't be here forever

• Earth Won't be here forever

• Earth Won't be here forever

• It may well be that space is already being colonized yet I wonder if there is indeed a need for it.

Those who vote for the colonization of space are often likely to have the idea of moving elsewhere if something happens here on Earth. I believe that we need to take care of this planet, clean it up, nurture it, and love it as it is the planet that is our home. I believe that it is a good idea to do this before we think about going to and potentially despoiling another planet that is not our own. Let us evolve here enough to be at peace with each other. Let us learn compassion and tolerance here. Let us explore our own seas and oceans before trying to colonize space. Let us conquer ourselves and our inner demons of anger and fear before we go out into space to exploit other worlds and to devalue them and all that they may hold.

Posted by: SportyHart
  • I believe that the NASA space program is useless.

How are we going to colonize space when we can't even set foot in any atmosphere other than our own? This notion is unrealistic. It makes me sick all the money we spend on the space program. What have we really discovered? Not much. The moon has rocks on it. Mars in uninhabitable. Didn't we know all of this before we got there?

Posted by: TaraThi
  • I do not think there is a need for space colonization in the future because there is plenty of room in the world still.

Although I do not think there is a problem with space colonization, I do not think there is a need for it. The world is still large enough to house the human race and mother nature will keep our species in check through disasters and disease in the long run anyway.

Posted by: SascM0n
  • No, I do not think that there is a need to colonize space in the distant future because, if all people on Earth try hard enough to preserve it, we can all live here comfortably.

There will be a need to colonize space only if Earth is not inhabitable anymore. I think that if each and every human being on the planet strives to save water and natural resources, reduces carbon footprint and teaches the future generations as to how to preserve the Earth, it is big enough to house and feed all human beings present and future. So there will really be no need to colonize space because I do believe that humans are finally waking up to saving Earth.

Posted by: danoneeno
  • We need to save earth :)

Colonizing another planet because we messed up earth isn't worth spending billions of dollars for. We need to fix our own mess, not going to another planet because we can't live on earth anymore. It will also cost a lot less money to just stop polluting even though it will be hard. It's too late to stop global warming entirely, but we can prevent it from happening even more. Then, we will have more time on earth and if we do need to leave and it's necessary, we will have enough time and technology. It doesn't feel right to mess up earth and go to another planet and probably mess it up, too. It's like we're not appreciating earth, we think we can just do whatever we want and pollute it. :)

• Don't we have oceans to explore/colonize...

Considering the fact that the vast majority of our planet is covered with oceans, you'd expect that it would be the first place we go in search for further colonization. Yet we find ourselves looking to Mars, the moon, and other stars for our future. Think about it, does it make sense to remove resources from the best chance of life for us (here on earth) to try and re-create what we have here already? And if so the point is to try and recreate a habitable environment for future generations, right? So why not do it in the closer, more realistically achievable place (the sea)? If we made a chart to show the pros and cons to space colonization it would consist of more cons than pros, some of which would include large distances to travel from earth (long trips), requires resources to be taken from earth (*water can't be replaced after it has been taken from earth*), really expensive, and wont benefit us down here on earth. The ocean on the other hand is here, less expensive, no resources leave here, will benefit us on earth, can act as protection from the sun, meteors or other end of humanity like scenarios. It is the way.

• Leaving

There is no reason to leave this planet until we have everything under control down here. We need many resources and other better technology to make this happen. then when we have all thinge ready and under control i think that yes, it would be a good idea to colonize other planets.

• I do not believe there is a need to colonize space right now, because it is more important to first fix things on Earth.

Colonizing space would take a very large amount of time, resources, and effort. It would be better to use those things to help fix problems on Earth. Once we have things under control down here, then it seems more appropriate to start exploring and colonizing other planets in outer space.

Posted by: Iewie2cute
  • There is no need for humans to colonize space, because population is on the decline in both Europe and Asia.

I do not think there will be a need to colonize space in the distant future. The only reasons the need would arise would be either to relieve over-population, or due to a scarcity of resources. Populations are on the decline, throughout Europe and Asia. Thus, I do not think over-population will pose a great problem. Concerning resources, we have not yet found a planet to which we can travel than can sustain life. Therefore, any space colony would get its resources from Earth. We are also lifetimes away from developing the technology capable of sustaining a space colony, or to travel to a planet in another solar system that can sustain life. Quite frankly, I think it is doubtful that the technology will ever exist.

Posted by: MeatyClarence70
  • While space is the "new frontier", there seems to be more than enough space on Earth to go around.

This makes me want to pull the covers over my head. The world is not doing a good job of handling the territory we presently inhabit. To think about trying to organize boundaries and such in zero gravity is mind-blowing. I may be much too old to consider "the distant future". Right now, it does not seem likely that there will be a lot of competition for claims in outer space. Few nations have the resources to travel there.

Posted by: WiryCory46