Do you think there is a significant difference between how a person thinks about ethnicity versus how he or she thinks about race?

• Ethnicity is more divisive.

People in nations, such as the United States, have been associated with different races. However, they may have less understanding or awareness of different ethnicities and cultures. People tend to bee less interested in ethnic differences on the whole, and as a result, there can be a greater lack of understanding.

• They are intertwined.

No, I do not thin that there is a significant difference between what a person thinks about ethnicity vs what they think about race, because there is really very little difference. I think that most people would have a hard time even distinguishing a difference between ethnicity and race. They are very similar topics.

• No, for most people, they're the same.

Most people don't think too often about the difference between race and ethnicity. For instance, when you're calling someone white, you don't think whether or not they were raised in the United States of if they were raised in Russia. For most people, the color of an individual's skin is all that matters.

• I Don't Think So

I do not believe there is a significant difference between how a person thinks about ethnicity and how they think about race. Personally the words are pretty much interchangeable to be, I don't note any difference between the two. I think people have linked these things together, I don't think they are thought of as being separate.