Do you think there is hidden meaning in Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper" painting?

• Yes there is

It is showing that there are things that we just don't understand and may never know. Do you really think it was all men in the picture really? Could there have been more women and do you think they really sat all sitting the same direction. Usually you eat facing each other not all in a row.

• Yes, but not sure what it is.

Leonardo Da Vinci was much more than a painter although he was a great one. He was also an inventor and a man who had many talents and esoteric interests. If there is some idea that his paintings meant more than we see on the surface, then that is probably true with The Last Supper.

• No, I think it is just a beautiful work of art

Da Vinci was a brilliant man and a talented artist. He would certainly have been capable of incorporating symbolism and/or hidden meanings into his artistic work . The problem is that I have seen no real and compelling evidence for this. I believe it is simply a wonderful piece of art. It was as an artistic representation of a scene from his mind, his artistic interpretation of the Biblical narrative. I'm open to reconsidering this, but would have to see some real evidence to support it.

• Sometimes a painting is just a painting.

I don't think there is any hidden meaning in the Last Supper. People like to pretend that all of da Vinci's works have huge elaborate secrets. Sure the man liked codes and did some pretty crazy stuff, but sometimes a painting is just a painting. I don't think even da Vinci would have hidden a code in a painting of a scene so important to the ruling order of the time.

• Just a Painting

Although there could be, I do not think that there is a hidden meaning behind this painting. I think paintings are largely over thought, and that most of the time what you see is what they were meaning to paint, with no deep or hidden though inside them we have to guess.

• It was literal.

No, I do not think that there is a hidden meaning in Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper Painting," because there is a plan, literal message to his painting. Da Vinci did a lot of paintings that were religiously based. He only wanted to give some meaning to his paintings, and there is no evidence in any of his statements that it meant anything else.