Do you think there should be national identity theft insurance coverage due to large-scale, nationwide computer crime incidences such as at Target?

• Yes, there should be national identity theft insurance coverage due to large-scale, nationwide computer crime such as at Target.

Nationwide, People lose money as a result of computer crime incidences. They lose money for reasons that are not their fault and for reasons they can 't predict. A national identity theft insurance coverage can protect Americans from the work of computer criminals and the insurance claim can refund them for lost money.

• Coverage for everyone

If there was coverage on identity theft then it would really put a lot of people at ease and would give people more freedom. I think that companies should be responsible to pay for the insurance and cover who ever shops at them so that way the store is held accountable for the intrusion.

• not at all

no, this is only happened once at the target, so we do not need to worry a whole lot about it happeneing again in the near future. I think that we are going to be okay and that this is not going to be a very common thing to happen.

• No, I do not think we need another service that the American people will have to pay for.

No, I don't think there should be national identity theft insurance coverage. I think what we need to do is move away from our decades old credit card technology and step up to a more sophisticated technology for charging purchases both online and in brick and mortar stores. Whether it be retinal scans or print verification or voice recognition, I think stores and businesses need to invest in a new system.

• It's not really needed in this market.

I think that any identity theft insurance coverage should be offered by private organizations, and not backed by the government (though certainly regulated by it). But since to my knowledge, there is no such private scheme in place, it must not be very viable. People would need to learn and take all the stops to protecting their identity first.