Do you think there was excessive promotion of "May the Fourth" this year to get fans excited for the upcoming release of Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens?

• Yes, I do think it was for promotional purposes.

This is the first "May the Fourth" I've seen. I did not even know it was happening until it came across my social media news feed. People will never really forget about the franchise itself, but many do try to forget that Disney is trying to reboot it. It was a subtle reminder to many that, yes, Star Wars is still cool, and oh, we have a movie coming up.

• Yes, "May the Fourth" received excessive promotion this year.

Not only was this day a trending topic on Twitter, but it was also recognized on several blogs and other social media sites. While promoting an upcoming movie and getting fans excited for it is an okay thing to do, there was way too much excitement about this made up holiday.

• Promotion was not excessive

The promotion was not excessive. I believe only the people who were interested in watching it were exposed to the promoting. These days a lot of advertising is very targeted so as to not waste money. People who weren't interested in watching most likely were not inundated with the information.

• There was not an excessive promotion of "May the Fourth" to get fans excited for the upcoming release of the new Star Wars movie.

If there was an excessive promotion, I would have heard of it in a variety of sources. As it stands, I had only heard one mention by a radio d.j. while driving to work on May 4th, and in this Crowdsource debate question. Excessive promotion would have meant hearing about it in more than two locations, such as in the news on t.v., on social media, and by friends and colleagues. Therefore, although there was some promotion of May the Fourth to generate excitement, it was not excessive.