Do you think Tobin taxes applied at official currency exchange desks would make a lot of money for the government?

• Yes they will

Yes, I think that these taxes will make a whole lot of money for the government that they are going to. The taxes are not all that high, but they are paid by a huge number of people, so it will end up making them a huge amount of money.

• Tobin taxes can make more money

Tobin taxes applied at official currency exchange desks can make the government money if done properly. The government has an important function and they are missing a good opportunity to make money if they do not use all their resources. Governments should be wise when choosing which taxes to impose.

• Yes, it would.

I know many people are against this, but taxes are very important for a country. In fact, it is one of the most vital things for running a country and keeping it running smoothly. Tobin taxes applied at official currency exchange desks would bring in a lot of new revenue.

• Yes, its a tax

Its essentially a tax on all spot conversations for currency. It would actually make alot of money if its used in its fundamental state.You would have to find the optimal tax rate for something like this though, or its going to do some real damage. Its hit or miss,until you do.

• It Would Kill The Trade

I do not believe Tobin taxes applied at official currency exchange desks would make a lot of money for the government. I believe implementing a tax to exchange currencies would kill the trading of currencies and make the act far less common. People would only trade currencies when it was absolutely necessary.