• Yes, it is an amazing idea.

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers in 2013 alone was $113 billion. That is a lot of money. It is also estimated that 80-90 per cent of all illegal drugs in the USA are smuggled through the Mexican border.Most of these drugs are smuggled in by illegal immigrants. In 2005, federal law-enforcement seizure counts for cocaine and marijuana alone were astounding. The government stated that 1.13 million pounds of cocaine and 6.9 million pounds of marijuana with a total estimated street value of more than $80 billion dollars was seized. Additionally, federal law-enforcement officials estimate that only 20 percent of the drugs coming into the country are seized. It is estimated that 60 percent of illegal immigrant coming to the U.S jump the Southern Border. A wall would bring that percentage down significantly. The wall would have no bearing on the average Mexican wanting to emigrate to the U.S legally with documents, paying tax and staying away from crime. It would be very difficult to smuggle drugs into the U.S from Mexico with a wall, as traffickers would have to go through the entry checkpoints where they would have to show their documents and search them and their vehicles. The wall would decrease the amount of murders made by illegal immigrants as well, as there would be background checks on immigrants at the border to see if they have a criminal record in their own country.

• Bruh, Donald Trump is orange.

"I must have misheard you," you say.
    "I don't think so," I replay.
    That's right. You heard me. Donald Trump's wall will work solely because he is orange and bathes in cheeto zest. Yes, he was genetically modified as a small child to have 45% genes of an orange and 26% genes of a clementine. It is common science that people with the genes of an orange who bathe in cheeto zest are significantly smarter with higher IQ. Therefore, the wall cannot be a bad idea.

• The Wall actually helps both countries.

For the US, the Wall helps to prevent the influx of illegal immigration as well as drug trafficking. I recognize that not all of that influx will be stopped, but a sizeable portion of the problem would be removed. The drugs obviously brings its own problems, to include the various cartels and their methods of intimidating American citizens. However, the immigration poses another, arguably more pertinent threat. The influx of undocumented workers causes wages to stagnate at best, and commonly causes a decrease. After all, if businesses have the choice of hiring an American at certain wage, but an illegal immigrant, who wants to avoid Federal detection, agrees to work for below that wage, then they will hire the cheaper source of labor. This does not account for those that merely come in and then seek out welfare benefits in Sanctuary Cities.

As for Mexico, it is no secret that the government of that country is corrupt. The politicians who truly care about the people are inept and the rest are in the pockets of drug kingpins and business interests. What Mexico truly needs is a Revolution, which will not occur if its citizens can merely find an escape by crossing the Rio Grande.

• The Wall prevents Illegal Immigrants from coming here

When Illegal Immigrants just walk into our country without going through the long process of becoming a citizen it isn't fair to legal immigrants who have to go through the long process. It's like Illegal immigrants cutting in the lunch line. That is not fair to the other people who are waiting patiently to get their food.

• Stop the drugs,and criminals from coming in, along the Illegals.

Number of cops killed by these people along with the average citizens killed. We don't have enough of our own we are going to import them, bad idea. Also the drugs that are brought into the country are destroying our children. But I guess the Liberals would just love these things.

• Drugs seem to be a problem in Arizona

My family and I are not from Arizona, but lived there briefly for a couple months and have been thinking about moving there. However, as I researched the possibility of moving there, I discovered that Arizona seems to have a much greater problem with illegal drugs than our current state (not along the border).

From what I can tell, it seems that the illegal drugs that come across the border are often consumed just inside Arizona, probably especially around Phoenix / Maricopa County, due to the large population there. When this happens, people end up hooked, which then leads to some Arizonans having trouble securing high-paying jobs. The low wages contribute to Arizona's higher poverty rate, which in turn leaves less state revenue for rehab services to help folks get clean. When the addicts become parents, Arizona's Department of Child Safety then comes and takes away the kids, leading to Arizona's foster care crisis. The low tax revenue from the higher poverty rate leaves little money for family support services, which further exacerbates the problem. The kids in foster care can sometimes end up in good homes; but other times, they can be left in foster care a long time and end up having problems adjusting in life, which can in turn also lead to less income for the state to combat these problems.

While I do realize that there are good reasons for not building a wall, I suspect that doing so might help to curtail the drugs coming into the U.S. If we could manage to curtail them adequately, then that could help improve some issues in Arizona and in other parts of the U.S.

Yes, I do realize that effective prevention programs can counteract the drug offering effect in public schools and elsewhere; however, if the drugs are widespread, such programs might not be as effective as in other regions.

Perhaps I am wrong about these things; but I do believe that they are worth looking into.

Now, I realize that a huge issue has been the influx of immigrants. Well, when I visited Big Bend National Park along the Texas-Mexico border, there was no wall -- which I admit, is better for a view and perhaps for environmental reasons (and cost). But, this is a double-edged sword: while it would take away from the view, it would also help discourage people from braving the desert heat, flash floods and hazardous wildlife that has likely led to some folks ending up dead. With no wall there, the most desperate could end up dead or harmed along the way. A wall would help discourage folks from risking their lives in the desert.

Believe me, I wish we were all free to live in whichever country we'd like to. If so, then I probably wouldn't be here in the U.S.; but I try to respect the sovereignty of nations, whether U.S. or another nation. I wish others would afford the U.S. that same level of respect.

• Yes, It's an great idea.

The wall is helping less Illegal immigrants and illegal drugs come into the United States. Studies and sources show that Illegal immigrants take up taxpayer's money and take jobs from Americans who need it. They has make the legal immigrants wait a bit longer their citizenship that is rightfully deserved.

• Keeps More Out!

Alright, people say he is racist for hating all Mexican Immigrants. He only said the illegal ones, the wall will not magically teleport the illegals to the other side. I know that, we have to find them and put them in prison. Then, after their time we can get them out. Even though we may not instantly get the ones in to get out, it will stop more from coming in.
    PLUS THERE IS ALREADY A WALL THAT IS INCOMPLETE AND SMALL AND ISN'T EVEN TRUMP'S.

• Get Rid Of Illegals

Alright, people say he is racist for hating all Mexican Immigrants. He only said the illegal ones, the wall will not magically teleport the illegals to the other side. I know that, we have to find them and put them in prison or jail. Then, after their time we can get them out. Even though we may not instantly get the ones in to get out, it will stop more from coming in. PLUS THERE IS ALREADY A SMALLER, INCOMPLETE WALL BEFORE HE EVEN SAID HE WANTED TO DO IT.

• It keeps America safe

With so many criminals entering the USA, it keeps the country safe by building a border. People should have to legally enter the country, rather than illegally doing it. Not only wold to wall deter people from entering the country to commit crimes, but it would allow for good people to enter legally.

• No, the wall will not work as intended.

The border between the United States and Mexico is sometimes referred to as a "revolving door". This is because there is a large number of non-immigrant workers that cross between the two countries on a regular basis for legal work. As of right now, even with our border being one of the most militarized between two friendly nations, these legal workers are able to move between countries with relative ease. The erection of a massive wall between the two countries, along with increased border security, would make it much more difficult for these workers to come and go as needed, and henceforth encourage them to overstay their visas. In fact, it is estimated that approximately 1/3 of all current illegal immigrants in the U.S. are people who have overstayed their visas. Drugs are a large reason for the proposed construction of this wall, however the main problem is in the demonization of such substances and those who use them. Since Nixon declared the war on drugs in 1971, which was also later perpetuated by the Reagans , the abuse of drugs in the U.S. has skyrocketed. The United States now has one of the largest drug abuse rates in the world according to recent studies, despite the fact that no scientific evidence has shown that drugs such as marijuana cause any harm. There are actually no verified cases of any person dying from marijuana use. Rather than trying to keep these drugs out and punishing those who use them, we should focus on offering rehabilitation/assistance to users, legalization of certain substances, and promoting the awareness that drugs are a healthcare issue rather than a criminal one.

• The wall will imprison people.

Do you want to be confined behind bars and under control for the rest of your life. This is exactly what Donald Trumps wall is doing to the people of mexico. It is forcing them to be controlled by someone they had no say in coming to power. They are restricting how people move just regarding 1m. It is discrasefull that anyone (that is British in particular) can think it is a good idea.

• No, because it is stupid

I think that the wall shouldn't be for kids I Kida think that adults should at least show some ID but kids should not be blocked from the U.S I think that DT should not have a wall, but some sucurity for say.... Bad people who are trying to get over. Other than that the wall is the worst idea ever kids from Mexico should have a brighter future in the U.S!!!!

• No, because it is stupid

• It will do nothing except make people mad and cost money.

The wall will not work for three main reasons. The first is property. Since the border between Texas and Mexico is the Rio Grande, Trump would have to put it on one side and invade people's property. Mexico wouldn't allow it, so the wall would have to be placed on the American side, and cut into American property. The second reason is that it simply won't stop illegal immigrants from entering. They will find a way to get past the wall. This is no different from the Berlin Wall, which was meant to last forever. It didn't make it 30 years. Why should we believe this will be any different. The final reason is that it will cost American tax payers lots of money. Despite what Trump says, Mexico will not pay for it, and the Mexican president has said this. For these reasons, I do not believe the wall is a good idea.

• Horrible and ridiculous idea

America is a safe haven for immigrants coming from war poverty and a dictatorship?Will we close off all our borders? And what then, Islamic terrorist groups still will get in our country by illegal means and still attack us all the wall will do will keep out innocent people and families and give us a feeling of safety,false safety

• Not needed to protect the USA

Its not needed to protect the United States of America from Trouble. Also, its wastes a lot of money to make it and there is something called airplaine. Trump wall is not needed to Protect the United States oaf America from trouble and harm from the Mexicans. Boo trump wall.

• It is wrong!!

We're still going to find a way past it, and also we are just going to be wasting money when we could invest it on helping homeless people! It will also be violating the constitution. There shouldn't even be a choice to build a wall! It is just plain wrong.

• Has research been completed to show that the wall is the best use of funds?

I am against the wall primarily because I have not seen any research that indicates a wall is the best deterrent for illegal immigration or drug trafficking. $18B for a wall is a lot of money. What leads us to believe it is the best solution for that money? Can we spend significantly less money and get better results by using some forms of technology?